5. Confusion

Rudra was staring at the phone in doctor's hand, at least from last 10 minutes and he didn't say anything yet. Doctor was looking at him and waiting for him to give any type of reaction, but he was still as a Statue, his expressions were blank.

Rudra controlled his hammering heart and looked up in the doctor's eyes, he didn't know what to say, how to describe his confusion.

"hmmmm,  I want to use the bathroom please "

Doctor looked at him as if he was expecting something else to listen from him but he didn't say anything he just nodded his head and called the wardboy, told him to help Rishi to get to the bathroom.

When Rudra entered the bathroom, he locked the door from inside and lean on the door, he closed his eyes and exhale long deep breaths, he tried to walk on his wobbly legs towards the mirror in the bathroom. He wanted to look at his face and clear all the confusion.

When he was infront of the mirror he was afraid to look at his own reflection, afraid to find a stranger face looking back at him.

He closed his eyes and looked straight up, slowly but hesitantly he opened his eyes and.....

He took two steps back in denial, when he found his suspicion was correct , there was indeed a stranger's face in the mirror staring back at him with shocked expression.

He touched his face with shaking hands....... Yes..... it was him..... but how...... How can his face change into someone else's. He looked all over his body and found that he was slightly leaner than before and at least 2 or 3 inches longer. His own body is completely different from what he remember.

He got back to his bed of course with the help of the wardboy. There he laid on the bed exhausted, from lack of strength in his body and confusion in his mind.

Doctor was waiting for him patiently, he asked again...

"How are you feeling now, 
Do you remember anything before the accident  ?? "

Rudra didn't know how to reply to that question, he just shook his head

"OK, no problem, sometimes it happens, you have survived from a very horrible accident, you will regain your memories soon, don't put pressure on yourself it will effect your recovery, just try to relax you will be fine soon "

Doctor said with a smiling face

" By the way I am Doctor Karan, I m your doctor from last two years, so I know a lot about you, I will help you to regain your memories "

Rudra gave him a tight lipped smile and nodded his head.

Doctor pat him on his shoulder and walked out of the room.

Now Rudra was alone with his mind full of confusion and disbelief.

'Rishi....

My name is Rishi.
I am living in Singapore from last two years

My wife's name was Riya and she died in a car accident while she was pregnant, a year ago

If that is the truth than why I remember that....
My name is Rudra.
And I lived in Hyderabad in India

My wife's name is Richa and she is not dead because I remember that I talked to her just before the accident, and she was definitely not pregnant.

So what is going on......

I got in a accident in India.....

And than.......