Chapter 24

Thomas POV

Thomas woke up with Newt on his arms, knowing that this time it wasn't a dream.

He looked at Newt's face. He looked so delicate and angelical when he was asleep. His hair was slightly moving with the morning wind. It almost made Thomas grab him and kiss him, but he didn't want to wake him up from his angelical state and he knew how much he needed to rest.

Thomas tried to be careful not to wake Newt up while he tried to stand up. He had to meet up with Minho since things were going back to normal- at least almost everything.

He got up as silent as possible and tried to gently put Newt's head on the ground. But seconds later, Newt started to move.

"Why are you awake so early?" Newt asked him in a sleepy voice.

"I have to run, you know. And I didn't want to wake you up."

"But I'm glad you did. I wanted to see you before you went to the maze and I spent the whole day alone."

Thomas immediately felt worried about Newt. "Do you want me to stay here with you? I can find an excuse and then we can talk about whatever is bothering you." By that, Thomas meant Alby, but he didn't want to say his name out loud.

"It's okay. I'm fine. I want you to focus on the maze. And you think that I can't survive a day without you?" Newt was smirking.

"Come on, admit it, you need me." Thomas said getting closer to Newt.

"Okay, you're right. I need you." Newt was holding his hands and smiling. Thomas got his face closer to Newt's and looked at the brown orbs that made him go crazy. Newt lips touched his and they just stayed like that, like everything else just wasn't important.

"Okay, I gotta go." Thomas told him with a smile.

"Good luck with the grievers and Minho." Newt said as he watched Thomas disappear from his sight.

.................

Thomas POV

"Hey shuck-face, ready to run?" Minho asked him.

"Yeah." Thomas answered him while he tied his new shoes. "I'm ready."

They ran towards the doors and entered the maze. Thomas got a paper and a pencil from his bag. He really wanted to find a way out because he knew how much everyone was expecting from him. Thomas himself was expecting that he would find a way out, with Minho's help. He knew that something would change, for better or worse, something was gonna happen, he could almost feel it.

Thomas started to draw lines and squares on his paper, trying to memorize the things he wasn't drawing. He looked to his left and caught a beetle staring at him. It's eyes were glowing and it didn't seem like a normal beetle, it was some kind of mechanical beetle. The beetle started to come closer to Thomas and he saw the letters WCKD on it before it disappeared of his sight, joining the darkness ahead of him.

"Did you see that?" Thomas asked Minho.

"See what?" Minho asked him without turning his head to face Thomas.

"That mechanical beetle! It was staring at us!"

"Oh, that." Minho said not even a bit surprised. "It's just a beetle created by the creators. They have been watching us for two years. Don't worry about that, focus on where you're going, you don't to hit your face like a stupid shuck-face."

Thomas had no words to say. He was shocked by his reaction after telling him about the creators watching them, so all he said was "Fine."

He wanted to talk more about it, but Minho was obviously going to tell him to focus and save his breath.

"Theresa." He mentally said and immediately felt her presence.

"What?" She answered.

"I think that I've just found out something really important."

"What is it?"

"I was just running in the maze with Minho when a beetle started to stare at us, and it wasn't a normal one, he was a mechanical beetle and he had the letters WCKD written on him."

"Oh my God, Tom."

"What? Do you know anything about mechanical beetles?"

"Tom, I never told you that, I thought it wasn't important until now."

"Theresa, tell me what you know."

"Before I lost my memory, I woke up in a bed and I got a paper and a pencil that was near me and wrote 'WICKED IS GOOD' because I thought it would be important, I don't remember the reason, but I still have the paper in my pocket."

They remained in silence for a moment.

"So do you think that that paper has something to do with the beetle and the creators."

After a few seconds of hesitation, she said "Yes, I think that everything is connected here."

"We'll have to talk about this later, after I come back from the maze. Maybe we'll find a way out."

"Yes, maybe." She said not sounding convinced.

The both of them "disconnected" and Thomas went back to the lines he was drawing.

-------------------

Comment what you think of this chapter!

OH MY GAWD I REACHED 10k VIEWS TYSM GUYS❤️

Next update: Monday/Tuesday