Chapter 17

Thomas POV

When he arrived on the glade, he saw Theresa standing there, looking at the floor.

"Tom..." She said.

"I'll give you five minutes." Thomas said.

She smiled.

"Where do you want to talk?"

Theresa pointed to the woods and started heading there. Thomas followed her.

She went really deep in the woods, close to the cemetery. Like she didn't want anybody to hear them.

Theresa stopped and sat on the floor, resting her head on a tree. She patted the ground beside her, inviting Thomas to sit there, next to her. But Thomas remained on his feet.

"Tom, I have a lot of things to explain, but I just want to remind you that I don't remember much..."

"Why did you talk inside of my head?" He cut her off.

"Tom, I know that we were close friends and... that I can talk to you in your head." She said the last words in his head.

"How do you do that?"

"I don't know, I just do." She answered mentally again.

"Don't talk to me in my own head!" He said.

"Sorry." She muttered out loud. "As I told you, we were friends, I can feel our connection, our strong relationship, like you were a part of me I couldn't live without. When I was in a comma, my memory wasn't lost yet, I could still remember you. I probably told you things that would be important in the future. Do you remember anything that I told you?"

Thomas nodded, remembering her voice freaking him out.

"I wasn't trying to freak you out. I was trying to warn you about something, I think. And if you remembered anything about me, you wouldn't be scared, because we were friends, really close friends. We trusted each other. You can probably do that too, talk in my head, I mean. Tom, I'm sorry for talking in your head, I don't know why I did that, but I know that that was the old me, I'm not going to do that again without you letting me. Don't worry."

Theresa stopped talking and looked at the floor and then at him, expecting an answer at any moment.

Thomas thought about it for a moment. He was still mad at Theresa for talking to him like that. Making him feel like she could control him or something. But she did that when she still remembered. Now she wasn't the same person, she couldn't remember why she did it. She promised him she wouldn't do it again and Thomas believed in her words.

"So... How do I do that?" Thomas asked.

Theresa smiled. "Focus on me and try to find a way into my head. A connection."

Thomas closed his eyes and thought of Theresa. Her voice. Her presence. Her smile. Everything about her.

"Theresa." He tried to say mentally.

He waited a few seconds to open his eyes. When he did, he saw Theresa staring at him, like she was expecting a unicorn to fly and klunk rainbows everywhere.

"Did it work?" Asked Thomas hopeless.

"No. Don't just think of me. Focus harder. Deeper. Try to find the connection."

Thomas closed the eyes again. He tried to search for anything related Theresa. He tried to imagine how they had become friends, what they could have been through together. He didn't remember anything from the past, but he felt her presence. Their strong relationship. How much they trusted each other. Their special connection.

"Hi...?" He tried again.

He opened his eyes and saw Theresa smiling.

"That's all you had in mind to say?"

"So I can talk to you whenever I want?" He asked.

She nodded. "If you ever need to talk to me, I'll always be there for you."

"Always?" He asked.

"Always." She answered. "No matter what."

Thomas couldn't be happier. Theresa was his friend again and now they could talk mentally. She would always be there for him. He wanted to talk to her about Newt, when he, Newt, came running from the woods surprising him and Theresa.

--------------------------------------

Newt's POV

It was already hard to find Theresa and Thomas. But it was even harder to run with his heart racing. Newt continued running until he heard voices. He hesitated for a second and ran again.

He stopped between Thomas and Theresa. They were both looking at him with a shocked expression.

"Newt, what are you..."

"Thomas. Get away from Theresa. She's a liar." Newt cut him off.

"What?" He said.

"Thomas, I'm telling you, get away from her."

"No." He said getting up and standing next to Theresa.

"Tommy..."

"Newt. Go away." Thomas said.

"But..."

"No. Get out of here. Go away." Thomas repeated.

Newt looked at Theresa. He couldn't identify her emotions.

"Alright." Newt muttered. He started walking away. When Newt was so far that he couldn't hear or see Thomas, everything inside him fell apart. He lost control of his legs and fell on the floor. All he could think about was Thomas words. Everything inside him hurt. All he could do was lay there and look at the sky. Why didn't Thomas believe in him?

------------------

omg almost 5k views😱
I get really happy when you guys vote, because I know who is reading it, but I get really happy when you guys comment, thank you so so so much for reading, voting and commenting❤️

Just finished chapter 27, I'm really close to end book 1.

Ok bai :)