Chapter 40

Newt's POV

He was so pissed at Thomas. He thought he would say sorry and understand why he had broken up with him, but it all went wrong.

"We have keep going. Where's Thomas?" Minho asked him.

"He had to take a klunk." Newt told him rolling his eyes.

"So you two didn't make up?"

"Nope."

Minho sighed. "Alright, I'll call him. Where did he go?"

"That way." Newt said, pointing with his head.

"Okay. Wait here." Minho said and disappeared while running.

Newt waited for Minho impatiently. Why is he taking so long? He almost went after him, when Minho showed up, alone.

"Where's Thomas?" Newt asked getting worried.

"Are you sure it was that way? Because he's not there or anywhere."

"Do you think that he ran away?"

"I don't know. Why would he do that?"

"Well..."

"Newt, what did you tell him?"

"We kind of had a fight. We just argued."

"Newt..."

"Okay, fine. The situation kind of went too far."

"Great."

"Should we go after him?"

"I don't know, he was the one who ran away. Maybe he doesn't want to be found."

Brenda walked to them after watching them argue. "What's going on? Where's Thomas?"

"He ran away." Minho answered him "I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm the babysitter."

"What? Why?"

"He was angry at me." Newt told her.

"Do you think that he would run away like that? Don't you think that someone kidnapped him or whatever?"

"We're in the middle of a desert. Do you really think that someone would fall from the sky, kidnap Thomas and take him to whatever the shucking place he might be?"

"We have to go after him."

"But he ran away." Newt argued. "He doesn't want to be found."

"And I thought that you, out of everyone, would be the first one to run desperately and try to find Thomas." Brenda accused him.

Newt looked at the ground and, with his foot, he played with the sand. "I don't-"

"I thought that you loved him."

"I do!" Newt said lifting his head to stare at Brenda. "I do, but if he doesn't want to be found..."

"Then we'll find him. No matter what. We never leave the people that we love behind." Brenda said. "So, are you going or do I have to go by myself?"

"We're going." Newt answered her, determined.

"Good." She smiled. Minho called the gladers and they ran to Thomas' direction.

------------------

Thomas' POV

He woke up confused with a headache. Thomas was tied against a cold wall.

"Finally." A girl told him. He turned his head to face a girl with dark skin and brown hair.

"Who are you?" Thomas asked, scared that he had forgotten everything again.