Chapter 22

Thomas POV

He was still smiling like an idiot after being kicked out by Minho. It was the best day of his life.

Before talking to Newt he was worried and tired. Now he felt light like nothing in the world mattered. And he was feeling full of energy after Newt kissed him, like he had turned everything inside him on.

Thomas wanted to talk about it to Theresa, but then he remembered how annoyed she was with him and probably angry after he ignored her for two days. He even tried to talk to her mentally, but she completely ignored him.

He sighed. When he solved things out with Newt, things went wrong with Theresa. It was like a seesaw. When one side went up, the other went down.

When would he get a chance to focus on the maze and get everyone out of it? Apparently, it would take a bit longer than he thought.

Since Minho was taking care of Newt, he probably wouldn't mind if he didn't focus at the moment to find a way to apologize to Theresa.

"Theresa?" He tried mentally. "Theresa!" He tried again. No answer.

He had to find another way to talk to her, since she was ignoring him mentally and probably avoiding him physically.

The only way to talk to her was if she was stuck, if she had no option other than talk to him.

Thomas thought about how he could do that in a small place like that. The maze was too dangerous, and she could run away and hide from him. The glade was small, but she was still avoiding him there. Thomas thought about the perfect place. The homestead.

She was going to be stuck for at least hours and she would have to listen him, there would be nowhere to run or hide.

But how would he make her get in there? She wouldn't listen to him while she could still avoid him and she wouldn't get in there just to be stuck for hours. He had to convince someone else to do it for him. Someone who could threaten her easily.

Alby. He was basically the leader in the Glade, since Minho and Newt were busy.

But he couldn't talk to Alby himself, he would never agree with him. Someone had to talk to Alby instead. Someone who didn't really like Theresa...

Thomas started to walk to the kitchen while building a plan in his own head. When he got there, he opened the door.

"What do you want?" Frypan asked him.

"Frypan." Thomas said. "You know that girl, Theresa?"

"Yea, what is it? I have to cook for 50 shuck-faces, so hurry up."

"Wasn't she the one who was stealing all of your food? Annoying, right?"

"What do you want, greenie?" Frypan stopped doing whatever he was with a spoon and looked at Thomas.

"I want to lock Theresa in the homestead, but I can't do it without your help."

Frypan crossed his arms. "Alright." He said. "What's your plan?"

"I heard that Theresa has been stealing your food. Isn't that part of a rule or something like that?"

"Well, she's not supposed to steal food. No one is. But everyone does that and Newt never listens to me."

"What if she put fire -even a small fire- or broke something in the kitchen?"

"She's kind of violating the rules."

"I think that's enough to convince Alby." Thomas said.

"I still don't know what you're planning."