Chapter 38

Thomas' POV

They were walking, too tired to run, in the same direction they had come from.

"I think that we have to turn this way now." Brenda pointed to a street. They walked in that direction. "Do you think that they tried to save us?" She suddenly asked, like she had been wanting to ask that for a long time.

"Newt tried to save us." Thomas told her while kicking a trash can that was in his way.

"Yeah, I know. I meant come after us and try to rescue us or whatever."

"I don't know." He said. "I think that Newt would come after us no matter what."

"You mean you." She said.

"Of course he would rescue you too." Thomas told her.

"But what if you weren't taken with me? Do you think that he would have tried to save me? Be honest, Thomas."

He hesitated. "No. But we would come back for you."

"And why is that?"

"You guided us out of the tunnel, I wouldn't leave you behind."

She smiled. They were so distracted that they didn't even notice the hole ahead of them. Brenda tried to stop and avoid herself from falling, but Thomas tripped and both of them fell in the hole. It wasn't deep enough for them to hurt themselves, but deep enough so they couldn't climb back.

"Great." She said.

Thomas tried to climb the walls. "What do we do now?"

"Climb on my back." She said.

"You should climb on my back." Thomas said.

"Do you think I can't handle your weight?"

"I don't..."

"Oh, whatever." Brenda climbed on his back and tried to reach the top.

"Can you see anything?" He asked.

"Someone's coming." She said and jumped off his back.

"What?" He asked her confused.

"Shhh!" She grabbed him and pushed him to the ground. "If we're lucky enough the cranks won't see us."

"Wait, are they the same cranks that kidnapped us earlier?"

"I didn't pay that much of attention on that, but I think they are different cranks." She whispered.

He could hear footsteps and voices. One of them was complaining while the other was yelling and telling him to shut up. With his heart racing, Thomas could feel the voices getting closer.

A head appeared from the top of the hole and smiled. "Oh look what we've got here."

-------------------------

Newt's POV

They were already losing hope when they saw three cranks standing next to a hole.

"Do you think that..." Minho tried to ask him, but Newt was already running.

"Tommy!" He called him. The cranks turned their heads to face Newt.

"THIS IS TAKEN!" One of them yelled.

"We found it first!" The other said. "Go find your own food."

The first one got a long knife from his boot and started to walk slowly in Newt's direction. The other  man grabbed a metal bat while the other got a stake.

Newtmas: What ifजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें