Chapter 51

Thomas' POV

 He was playing with his gun impatiently.

"You okay?" Teresa asked him. She seemed calm.

"I'm worried about Newt. What if someone attacked them? What if it's too late?"

"Calm down, Tom." She put her hand on his shoulder.

"I can't. I would blame myself for the rest of this freaking life if something happened to him."

"Hey, remember: Minho is with him. They have guns and they could also fly to another place with the berg." She sat beside him.

"I have to talk to Harriet." He got up and walked to the flight deck just to see a focused Harriet sitting on the chair. "Are we far?"

"No. These bergs are amazing, don't worry." She said still looking to the control painel. "And don't worry, Newt is strong." She added.

"Thanks." Thomas said and got back to the main room. He noticed that the girls and the gladers were reloading guns. "What the shank is going on?"

"We have to check if anyone from the WCKD got in. We can't risk it." A girl with brown hair threw a gun at him. "Make yourself useful and check the back of the berg with Teresa." He nodded and followed Teresa to the back of the berg.

"Hey, what did she say? Are we close?" Teresa tried to turn the light on, but it was broken.

"Yeah." Thomas said trying not to trip on anything.

"Do you think that it will all be over after Newt gets the cure?"

He hesitated before saying, "No." Teresa sighed. "The world is completely destroyed. We will have to find a new way to live without being attacked by nose-obsessed-cranks. Besides, the buildings exploded. The cure and all of the chances of a new start are all gone now. Many people are going to die and there's nothing I can do because I only have one cure."

"It's not like the cure will solve everything. You tried your best, okay? If we had stayed there for a bit longer we would probably blow up."

"I'm so happy we're friends again." He smiled and grabbed her hand. Before she could say anything, they heard a noise coming from the ceiling. Thomas let go of her hand to grab his gun, but someone had already landed on the ground.

"Tom!" Teresa yelled. He could see that the person was Brenda. Horrified, he noticed that Teresa had a knife crossing her chest.

"WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE! It's the apocalipse! I need more noses!" He heard Brenda yelling. But it wasn't her anymore. Thomas shot her on the head without hesitating. Brenda fell on the floor.

"Teresa." He said laying down next to her body.