Chapter 2

Thomas POV

Everything about that place was weird, but at the same time familiar. Like he had been to that place before.

And then there was Newt, the only one who had been nice to him until he met Chuck.

Chuck was a bit annoying, but he started liking that kid. He imagined people didnt treat him well because of the way he looked, so innocent and kind.

Chuck was probably his only friend.

"Thanks, Chuck." Thomas said when Chuck was done making his "bed".

"Oh no problem!" He said. "I'm happy that someone actually talk to me. People are not that nice here." He muttered the last words looking at the floor.

"What about Newt?" Thomas asked. "He seemed like a really nice person to me, maybe we'll be even friends..."

"HAHAHA" Chuck laughed. "Newt is only doing his job. Its not that simple to make friends here."

"Yea, you're probably right." Thomas got a little upset that Newt considered being nice to him part of his work, an obligation. But Thomas kept the thoughts away.

They didnt do anything for the rest of the day. Chuck told him that Newt was going to show different jobs tomorrow. For some reason, the thought of seeing Newt made him smile.

"Why are you smiling like a klunk?" Asked Chuck. "Job is no fun! I have to clean klunky places all day!"

"It cant be that bad." Thomas tried to argue.

"Show your klunky skills tomorrow and you'll see how bad it is. I even have to clean the kitchen! ITS ALWAYS FULL OF HAIR AND KLUNK!"

His stomach rumbled.

"Hungry?" Asked Chuck getting up and getting a nod from Thomas as a response. "Lets get you some food in the klunky kitchen, greenie."