Chapter 5

Thomas POV

"What do you mean Newt? Was there supposed to be another greenie? I dont understand."

"I cant explain right now. But I promise we'll talk about this, Tommy." He started heading to the box and checked over his Tommy if he was okay. Newt seemed worried. But he continued running and heading to the box.

Thomas decided to do the same and try to find out with his own eyes what was happening.

There was too much people, he couldnt see anything, but he heard the noise stopping.

Seconds later, he heard Newts voice.

"Its a girl." Everyone started to whisper. "And she has something on her hand. Its a message. It says: shes the last one." People started to scream and make questions.

"A girl?"

"How is that possible?"

"What do you mean shes the last one?"

"Is she dead?"

"Its probably that greenies fault."

The girl suddenly screamed.

"THOMAS."

And went unconscious again.

Everyone started to look at him. What did he do? The girl even seemed familiar, but Thomas could not keep the guiltiness. Did he make her unconscious?

"Jeff! Clint!" Newt called two boys. "Take her to the tree."

The two boys started to carry the girl away.

"Now back to your tasks, gladers!"

Everyone went away in one minute.

"Newt, I-"

"Not now, Tommy." He seemed pretty focused on the message, but also, a little upset.

Thomas went to the woods and tried to sleep on the same tree. After long minutes, he finally did it.

--------------------------------------

"Thomas." A voice woke him up. A familiar and feminism voice. "The maze is a code. Thomas."

The voice started to call his name. Was he getting mad?

He started to run with his hands on his ears, trying to run away from the voice.

When he got close to the walls, someone stopped him from going. Newt.

"Where do you think that you're going?"

"I have to get rid of this voice!"

"What voice, Tommy?"

The voice suddenly stopped. Thomas slowly lowered his hands.

"Tommy?"

And then he noticed everyone was there, with worried faces, looking to the maze.

"Whats out there and why is everyone here?" Thomas asked.

"Tommy, the maze is dangerous, its full of grievers. Alby and Minho went there this morning and still havent come back."

"Then why dont you guys go looking for them?"

"Its too dangerous, and the walls are about to close. They should be here by now."

Thomas saw a figure coming.

"Minho!" Someone screamed. "And he's carrying Alby!"

The walls started to close. It was too fast.

"They are not gonna make it." Said Chuck from behind him.

The walls were now one meter close to each other.

Thomas started to run to the walls.

"Tommy, dont!" He heard Newt trying to run behind him.

It was too late. The walls closed behind him.

"Congrats, shank-face." The asian boy, Minho said, laying on the floor. "You are a dead klunk."