Chapter 50

Newt's POV

He almost freaked out when he heard the sound of two guns being shot.

"Minho!" Newt practically whispered.

Silence. The sound had stopped.

Newt slowly put his feet on the floor and got up. With the gun on his left hand and his right hand on the wall, he made his way to the hallway. It was empty and quiet. The kind of quiet that makes your heart pound like hell.

As he tried to calm down, he made his way to the main room just to find Minho laying on the floor with a bleeding arm.

"Minho." Newt tried to run to him.

"Newt. You're not supposed to stay out of bed." Minho said and groaned of pain.

"How did this happen?" Newt ripped off a piece of his shirt and wrapped Minho's arm with it.

"I don't know. Two men broke in with guns and shot me." Newt was trying his best to focus.

"Can you shoot?" He asked Minho.

"Dude, they shot my best arm. Just hand me a knife." Newt got a knife from his pocket and handed it to Minho. "Newt! Behind you!" Minho suddenly screamed. Newt turned around with his hands on the gun and his finger on the trigger. He pulled the trigger and watched as a bald man went to the floor.

"Stay here. I'm going after the other one. Scream if someone comes." Newt got up and immediately felt dizzy, but he kept walking. He left the main room and went towards the flight deck. With his heart racing, he kicked the door. Newt looked around, but the cabin was empty. He heard someone laughing behind him. He turned around but it was too late. Newt felt his neck burning and a scream escaped from his throat. Blood dripping from the man's knife. His blood.

"Get out of my plane!" The man yelled aiming the knife on his direction. But Newt was faster. He aimed the gun on the man's head and pulled the trigger. The man immediately stopped screaming. Newt jumped over the dead body and walked back to the main room. Minho was already on his feet.

"I checked the whole berg. Empty." Minho told him. "Did you get hurt?"

Newt shook his head, not wanting to worry him, but still feeling dizzy. "How's your arm?"

"It's bleeding. But I'll be okay. I'm going to stay here just in case. You should rest." Newt opened his mouth to argue, but Minho stopped him. "Excuse me, but I'm the leader here. I also happen to be the babysitter so if you don't obey me, no dinner for you." Then he turned his face into a more serious one. "I'll scream if anything happens."

He actually felt tired and his vision was starting to get blurry. Newt nodded and went to the room. He put his gun under the pillow and laid on his bed. His eyelids closed and his mind instantly focused on Thomas, hoping that he was okay.