Prologue

I had wondered plenty of times how far I'm able to go, what I'm able to achieve, and from what I've discovered its damn near anything. 

I've done it all from the time I was born up unto this point, won the lottery, graduated from high standing collages, saved a life, took a life, I got away with it all, no consequence only reward. 

I have never had to work for anything, everything has become to boring, so mundane, thus at this very moment I stand atop this seven-story apartment building awaiting to throw myself off the ledge, its not the first time doing so, but I need to check off all my circumstances. It's become a sort of sick game, one that I'm hell bent on winning, I don't know if its my stubbornness or what but no matter what I attempt the luck just pulls me back in the obscenest possible.

I stuck my foot out over the edge of the building, It's to dark out to see the cement bellow and the traffic is oddly quiet on the pass. Shifting my weight, I gradually lose the roofing from under my feet, the cool autumn breeze is surprisingly nice on my face as I fall headfirst, nothing to stop me, nothing to catch me, I watch the windows of the apartment pass me by.

~3.

The streetlight turns on over the empty sidewalk.

~2.

I notice a large red truck parked beneath my falling body.

~1.

The back of the truck is stacked high with white pillows.

My body collides with the soft sacks of feathers, rendering me unharmed by my fall.

"GOD DAMN IT!" this was getting ridicules, I crawl out of the back of the truck while gritting my teeth, I cant believe this, its like my life is a freaking fiction.

It has been years since I began this game, I've tried so many different ways, maybe I need to be more creative. As I sit moping on the sidewalk a gust of wind blows a newspaper into my face, insult to injury if you ask me, pulling the paper away and crushing it in my hand I was about to toss it aside until the headline caught my eyes, "Hunted woods disappearance, bodies found".

"oh, its another one of these" I have heard of the mass disappearances and murders that surround this particular town but didn't think much of it, word of mouth tend to be overdramatic. Its said a tall monster lives in the forest that grows around this village, that once you step off the beaten trail you will vanish like fog. Now that I think about it this may be a chance, I've yet to encounter anything supernatural, perhaps it can assist me in my goal.

It does sound crazy however, ill basically be offering myself to an extraterrestrial, though I am running out of ideas and I could use a road trip, if I'm lucky ill get T-boned just as I leave the parking lot.