Chapter 1

Maddie POV:
It was my first day back to public school. I have been homeschooled for dance for about 3 years now, but I wanted to switch back. I was tired of not having school friends and wanted to enjoy my life for one year. So for this one long year, I'm going to public school. Where i can meet new friends and have a social life like everyone else on my dance team like Kendall, Nia, Chloe, Paige, and Brook. Well of course, if i'm going to public school, it means that my little sister, Kenzie will be too although she is VERY annoying sometimes.

_______________________________
Maddie POV:

"Maddie! Kenzie! You two only have 30 more minutes to get ready for your first day of school! It won't be my fault if you two are late! So better hurry up kids!", my mom yell from down stairs.

"I'm almost ready!", Kenzie screamed of excitement.

So I finally woke up, out of my bed and threw on a pair of shorts, a hot pink top and a plain jacket on. I rushed into the bathroom and put my hair in a high ponytail with my favorite bow on. I was excited to finally go to public school again, but butterflies were forming in my stomach. I was ready so I started walking down the stairs to get my breakfast but it was already 7:20, which was time to get into the car because we were going to see our principal at 7:30 today although school actually started at 7:45.

So I grabbed my lunch box and my backpack and went into the garage where Kenzie and my mom were already inside.

"Sorry I was a little late." I murmured.

"Here! I grabbed your breakfast for you. It's just bread though!", Kenzie exclaimed handing me my favorite bread which was a French bread with butter and jam.

"Thanks Kenzie!" I smiled.

________________________________
Kenzie POV:

Finally, my mom pulled the car at a big parking lot. I looked around wondering where we were. I then realized that we were at school and felt very stupid.

Maddie and I opened the car and happily screamed "Public School!" In unison. Of course I was happy to go to public school because I always felt lonely in homeschool.

We walked into the main office door. My mom walked in front of us and Maddie and I held hands. "Ahh it's nice being in a real school." Maddie talked as if she was in a wonderland.

"Yup!" I exclaimed.

My mom rang the bell for us and told us to sit down at the bench on the side of the counter. No one answered the bell, so she rang it again and someone finally came out.

"Hello? You must beeeeeeee" The lady stood there staring at my mom and held the e's.

"Melissa Gisoni-Ziegler" my mom smiled at the lady who's nametag read, 'Ms. Ander'.

"We are glad to have you Madison and Mackenzie!" She smiled at Maddie and I. "The pick up will be 1:30 because it's Monday today." Ms. Ander told my mom.

"Okay girls... Be good alright? I will see you after school then! I will wait at the big oak tree outside the field at 1:35!" My mom said to us. And then left the office.