Chapter Twenty-Five

I struggled as my fingers continued to play the guitar under Caleb's control. I could see that the boys were fighting it too. That when I managed to pull one hand off of the guitar. "I'd rather be destroyed that join your band!" I told Caleb before my other hand came free and I poofed myself to the Orpheum.

"Welcome to Live at the Orpheum!" The announcer said as Julie walked onto the stage. "Now give it up for Julie and the Phantoms!"

"I made it." I sighed with relief. "It's up to you now boys."

"Hi, I'm Julie. Tonight I would like to dedicate this song to my mom, who's been there with me every time I've played." Julie began. "I'd also like to dedicate this song to my sister who write this song before she passed. And finally, I'd like to delicate this song to three special friends who have changed my life completely, who have brought music back to me. It was their dream to play here, and this is for them." Julie finished.

Julie then started to play her piano before she began to sing Stand Tall. I smiled when drums began to play and Alex appeared on stage with a smile on his face. Not long after, Reggie and his bass appeared. I then grew anxious as I waited for Luke to appear but he didn't until Julie had reached the chorus. He didn't say long though. I watched as he fought to stay on stage as he kept flashing in and out. "Come on, Luke." I frowned before Luke appeared for his solo. A huge smile grew on my face as it did on Julie's and I cheered when the song was over. I then left the Orpheum as quickly as possible.

***

After a few hours, I made my way home and I entered the garage to find the boys standing there in the dark. "What are you doing here?" I asked them.

"What are we doing here? What are you doing here?" Reggie questioned.

"You were supposed to crossover." Luke told me.

"Yeah, well so were you."

"We were wrong." Alex said. "The Orpheum wasn't our unfinished business."

"I guess I was wrong about mine too." I frowned.

"We were actually talking about leaving." Luke then told me. "Julie needs to think that we crossed over and we want you to come with us."

"Yeah." I said. "Yeah, I can't stay here anymore."

"Then we'll leave tomorrow. Morning." Alex told us. We all nodded and Julie then opened the garage door, causing us all to go silent.

"I know I already said this but, uh, thank you guys." Julie said.

"You're welcome." Reggie replied before Julie hit the light switch immediately.

"Reggie?" I sighed as the other boys groaned.

"Why are you here?" Julie asked. "I thought..." We were all then hit with a jolt that was stronger than any of the others. "No, no. I thought you crossed over. Why didn't you cross over?"

"Playing the Orpheum wasn't our unfinished business." Alex said.

"We wanted you to think that we crossed ivermectin so we pretended to?" Luke told her. "We just- we had nowhere else to go."

"We thought you'd go straight to bed." Reggie stated.

"Yeah, well, I knew she was gonna come out here, but nobody ever listens to me." Alex said before we were hit with another jolt.

"You have to save yourselves right now." Julie told them. "Go join Caleb's club. Please. It's better than not existing at all. Please, just go. Do it for me."

"We're not going back there." Reggie frowned.

"No music is worth making, Julie, if we're not making it with you." Luke told the girl who then jumped up and wrapped her arms around him as tears fell down her cheeks.

"I love you, guys."

"How-? How can I feel you?" Julie asked when she pulled apart. That's when my face widened as I watched them.

"I don't know." Luke admitted as he and Julie cupped each other's faces in their hands before Luke took Julie's hands in his and turned to look at us. "I feel stronger."

"Alex, Reggie, come." Julie then told the other boys who approached her and the four of them hugged one another.

"Woah. I don't feel as weak anymore." Reggie said.

"Yeah, me neither. Not that, you know, I was ever that weak." Alex claimed. The boys then lifted their arms and Caleb's stamp then disappeared as the boy's smiled.

"What do you think that means?" Julie asked.

"I think the band's back." Luke smiled.

"Do you guys think we could try that hug thing one more time?" Alex then asked before the four of them hugged once more and I made my way out of the garage.

"Hey, where are you going?" Luke asked me as he followed me outside.

"I meant what I said, Luke. I can't stay here." I told him.

"But the band's back. We're not going anywhere."

"You're not going anywhere." I frowned as I lifted my arm up. "I'm still stamped."

"Then we'll find a way to stop it."

"You're not gonna find a way before this thing destroys me. Besides, I never wanted to crossover. This is the better option."

"Not existing at all?" Luke questioned.

"Maybe if Julie could see me I'd choose another option but she can't." I frowned as a lump formed in the back of my throat.

"So that's it then? You're just gonna go?"

"I don't want to but what choice do I have? I can't stand around waiting to die. I won't put myself through that. I won't put you guys through that." Luke nodded his head as tears filled his eyes and he pulled me into a tight hug. "Can you do me favour?" I then asked once I pulled away. Luke nodded. "Give this to Julie?" I asked as I handed him a letter with her name on it, similar to one I had given Laura.

"What is it?" Luke asked me.

"It's my goodbye." I whispered.

"Yeah, I'll make sure she gets it."

"Oh, and by the way. You guys were great, tonight." I smiled. "I'm beginning to think that flashing in and out thing was purely for effect." Luke laughed and pushed my shoulder slightly and that's when I noticed Reggie and Alex standing there.

"So you were just gonna leave without saying goodbye to us?" Alex asked. I shook my head.

"I could never." l I smiled as I pulled the two into a tight hug. Luke soon joined in and I began to cry.

"Hey, guys?" Julie then questioned as we broke our hug and she made her way outside. "What is taking you so long?" She asked before frowning. "Sophie?"

"You- you can see me?" I questioned.