Chapter Six

After school I followed Julie to her room where the boys were looking at her things. "What are you guys doing in my room?" She questioned, catching their attention.

"Uh..." They all said.

"We were looking for the kitchen." Luke said as he looked at a small white box on Julie's shelf.

"This... this can't happen. It's creepy. Get off my bed." Julie then said, making Reggie jump to his immediately.

Luke then raised his hand. "Hey, Julie?" He asked. "What's in the box?"

"That's off limits." She replied.

"Oh, okay. Girl stuff." Luke smiled in a high pitched voice.

"Oh, like butterflies and glitter?" Reggie asked.

"Oh, come on. I'm sorry about them." Alex frowned.

"It's none of your business. And yes, they're might be some glitter." Julie said.

Alex then picked up a photo of me and Julie with our mom from when we were kids before he walked over to the bed. "Hey, I actually picked something up." He smiled before dropping the photo on the bed only for the back to come off and for a piece of paper to come out of it. "I dropped it." Alex said.

"Hey, what's that?" Reggie asked as he reached for the piece of paper. "Julie, I'm so sorry. It's too hard for me with-" Julie took the piece of paper from Reggie's hands almost immediately and he stopped reading.

"That's private, too." She said before taking a deep breath.

"Is that your mom and your sister?" Luke asked.

"Yeah and it's my favourite of us, so break it, and I'll break you." The girl threatened. Luke shot me a panicking look and I smiled.

"Well, sorry, but we're kind of unbreakable at this point." Alex said.

"I don't get it. So you can mess up my bed and pick up your instruments but not other things?" She asked.

"I know, right? It's hard. But for some reason, our instruments, easy." Luke said.

"Yeah, like super easy. And check out what I learned today." Reggie said as he held his arms out only for his guitar to appear in his hands.

"Yeah, that looked super easy." Julie said, sarcastically.

"It's like I always thought. Our instruments are attached to our souls." Luke said.

"Hey." Dad smiled as he knocked on the door. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Julie claimed.

"I thought I heard you talking to someone."

"Nope. Must've been my laptop. That I just closed."

"Okay." The man said. "I actually came to ask you something."

"Sure."

"Since you tackled mom's studio so well, I was thinking that maybe you could start to pack up some things in Sophie's room. You know, decided what we wanna keep and what we wanna donate?"

"Yeah, sure." Julie said, softly. Dad then handed her the key to my bedroom which was usually left locked.

"Okay, if you need anything, i'll be downstairs." The man finished before shutting the door.

"You're dad seems like the kind of guy who loves to barbecue. Does he have a great ribs recipe?" Reggie then asked.

"I don't know but if you guys wanna talk to me, we have to do it in the studio. He's worried about me enough as it is." Julie said.

"He seems chill. You should just tell him about us." Luke said.

"You're kidding, right?" Me and Julie questioned.

"This last year, everybody has been watching over me, being super nice, as if they're waiting for me to snap like my sister did." Julie said. "If I tell my dad I met a ghost band, i'll be back to talking to Dr Turner three days a week."

"Yeah, you probably shouldn't tell him." Luke said before he walked back over to the shelf with the box. "Julie?"

"Oh, my god! I thought I told you to leave that alone!"

"I know. You just should've said nothing because now I can't stop thinking about it so... what's in the box, Julie?" The boy asked.

"It's just my dream box, okay?" Julie questioned. "Whenever I get a thought or something I write it down and get it out of my mind."

"Like lyrics?"

"They would be if I still wrote music. Now it's just full of stuff that doesn't make me sad."

"But, I mean, you do play. We heard you this morning." Alex told my sister.

"In the garage? So you were there too?"

"Uh..." The boys began again before Luke lied down on his front across Julie's bed, cupping his cheek in his hand.

"So where is your kitchen, by the way?" He asked her.

"Okay, we have to set some boundaries." Julie smiled. "First, stay out of my room!

"Crystal clear." Alex said as Luke got up and all the boys headed through the door. I took one last look at the photo of me, Julie and our mom and I smiled before following the guys.