Chapter Ten

"Can I see that?" I asked Luke as I pointed to the poem in his hand. He nodded and handed me the sheet of paper and I grabbed a pen as I looked down at it. "I know all your secrets, you know all my deep dish." I sang. "Something like that?" I asked them.

"Yeah." Luke smiled as he approached me and we both looked at the poem.

"I know all your secrets, you know all my deep dish. Guess that means that some things they never-" We sang together before Reggie cut us off.

"Wait, so... when she says deep dish is she talking about, like, pizza, or...?" Reggie asked before Alex poofed in onto the piano. "Oh, hey man. Where ya been?"

"Um, kind of everywhere." Alex said. "Yeah. No, I met a new ghost friend."

"For real?"

"Yeah, he answered a ton of questions."

"Yeah? Like whether Julie is gonna join the band or not?" Luke asked.

"Well... we didn't... we didn't really get to that, but I think I know why we're here." Alex told us. "Okay, all ghosts have, like, unfinished business. So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over."

"Why would we do that?" Luke asked the blonde. "I'm just saying, this is like a second chance for us. All we need to do is get Julie to play with us."

"Yeah, not only can that girl sing, she can write too." Reggie told Alex. "The three of us wrote a killer melody to one of her lyrics."

Luke then grabbed the notebook and handed it to Alex who began to read it. "Oh,

without your drummer. Cool." Alex frowned.

"Drumming is so 90s. Okay?" Luke told him. "We're just gonna stomp our feet now."

"Okay. Well, you know what else is so 90s?" Alex asked. "Being rude. Alright? Get woke. These are sensitive times." Alex then handed the notebook back to Luke. "I learned that from my ghost friend." Alex whispered to me and Reggie.

"Woke." Reggie said. "That's a cool word. What does it mean?"

"No idea." Alex admitted.

The garage door then opened and Julie walked in. "Alright, I told Flynn the truth." She said. "And now she thinks I'm crazy."

"You told her that we're ghosts?" Alex questioned.

"Yeah, and now I need to show her that I don't need help so you have thirty minutes to teach me that song." Julie said. The boys then smiled and Alex jumped off of the piano.

***

"Thanks for coming." Julie smiled as she opened the garage door to see Flynn. "We just wanted to rehearse the sing so it was perfect, which it's not, but whatever."

"No. If I'm gonna hear a song from your imaginary ghost band, I want it to be perfect. So, get back in there." Flynn replied before pointing around. "All of you. You too"

"They're not out here." Julie laughed.

"Oh, I know." Flynn said as she walked inside before Julie shut the door behind her.

"Alright, guys. You ready?" Julie asked as I took a seat on the couch.

"Yeah." Luke and Alex said.

"Actually, could you ask her to move? I need some more space to rock out." Reggie said, causing Julie to shake her head in disappointment.

"Can you move over there?" Julie asked Flynn. "Reggie needs to space to rock out and he feels kind of weird walking through you." Flynn then laughed.

"Boy, when you create a world, you really live in it."

"Just sit." Julie told her before pushing the girl down into a chair. "If you'll notice, there's no equipment that will produce a hologram. Feel free to look around." Julie then approached the keyboard. "The guys took a poem I wrote about you and put it to music." Julie told her best friend.

"Aw. I wish I didn't have to talk to your dad after this." Flynn said.

"It's called Flying Solo. Hope you like it."

Julie started the song and when the beat picked up, the boys joined in and Flynn squealed. For the next few minutes, Flynn looked freaked out as Julie pulled her to her feet but eventually her frown turned into a smile. Flynn then placed her hand through Reggie's shoulder. "Cool right?" Reggie asked her.

"They're ghosts!" Flynn exclaimed.

"Uh, we prefer the term musician spirits." Alex said.

"Julie, so does this mean you're joining our band?" Luke asked.

"I think you're joining her band." Flynn told him. Julie smiled and put her arm around Flynn.

"I'm gonna go with what she said." Julie smiled. I wooed and stood up before I continued to dance to the rest of the song with Luke smiling at me until the music stopped.