Chapter Eighteen

I watched as Julie started to draw on her white microphone before Reggie poked his arm through the door and knocked on the inside. "What are you guys doing?" Julie questioned before Reggie put his head through the door.

"We're being classy." He said before he pulled back and Luke walked in followed by Reggie and Alex.

"Why are you still here?" Luke asked. "We're going in, like, 20 minutes."

"I lied to my dad, so... now I'm stuck in my room all night." Julie frowned.

"Yeah, but we were just at the venue. I mean, it's packed. Like VIPs, managers. It's kind of crazy." Alex exclaimed.

"What are we gonna do about my aunt?" Julie asked. "She's right downstairs." Luke smiled as he walked past me and opened the window before looking at Julie.

"You're not taking the stairs." He smiled.

"Okay. Let me get dressed. I'll meet you guys there." Julie grinned.

The boys then poofed out and Julie smiled before approaching the trunk in her room that belonged to our mom. She opened it before she started to search through the clothes and she pulled out a sleeveless leather jacket and smiled. "You'll do great tonight, Julie." I told her even though she couldn't hear me.

***

"Am I too late?" Julie asked Flynn as she approached us.

"Too early." Flynn sighed as Dirty Candy came onto the stage.

"Hope you all came to have a great time." Carrie smiled before putting on some sunglasses as the music began playing.

"How'd she get on the list?" Julie questioned.

"Her daddy probably made a call." Flynn said. "I like this." She then smiled as she pointed to the pin on Julie's jacket.

"Thanks. It's a dahlia. They were my mom's favourite."

Carrie started to sing as Dirty Candy danced and the boys poofed in beside me. The next thing I know, Alex is dancing on the middle of the stage. When it got to the chorus, Alex flashed back in beside Julie. "You having fun out there?" Julie asked him.

"It's not my fault. It's my, um... it's my feet." Alex said. "Put me back in, coach." He said before he began to dance with Dirty Candy until the end of the song.

"I was doing that for you guys." Alex claimed when he came back.

"Yeah. You can stop smiling now." I grinned.

"I'm not gonna lie. That was kind of good." Julie admitted.

"Yeah. I forgot why I hate her so much." Flynn said.

"Hi, girls. Um, isn't it past your bedtime?" Carrie then asked as she approached us.

"Now I remember."

"If you're looking for Nick, he didn't come." Carrie then told Julie.

"That's not why I'm here." Julie replied.

"Okay, it looks like we're closing the night out with one more group, Julie and the Fat Ones." A man announced. Dirty Candy laughed and me, Reggie, Julie and Alex turned to look at Luke and frowned.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Yeah, my handwriting sucks." Luke sulked.

Julie then fake laughed at Carrie and she made her way into the stage. "Um, it's actually Julie and the Phantoms." She told the crowd before she started to play her piano. "You guys are gonna do great." I told the boys as my sister began to sing. The boys then poofed in on the stage with their instruments and the crowd started to cheer. "Wooo!" I shouted.

When the song ended, they all bowed and Luke, Reggie and Alex appeared next to me as the crowd cheered. I then pulled Luke into a hug. "You were great." I smiled before pulling back. "You all were."

"We know." Reggie grinned. I then watched as Julie ran over to Flynn and pulled her into a tight hug before we approached them, walking past Carrie who was trying to talk to an older woman.

"You were incredible." Flynn told Julie.

"Hey, whoever Carrie was trying to impress is coming this way." Luke told us.

"She looks all business." Alex said.

"Oh, who should do the talking?" Reggie asked.

"Julie." I sighed.

"Right, yeah. Julie."

"You got this." Luke told my sister.

"Hi, I'm Andi Parker, and I would-" The woman began as she shook Julie's hand.

"Julie!" Dad then scoffed as he approached us.

"Dad." Julie frowned.

"It's time to go."