Chapter Three

"Julie seems nice." Reggie smiled.

"Did you miss the part where she kicked us out?" Alex asked him.

"How could she see you?" I asked as I walked back into the studio. The boys then turned to me. "I mean, nobody has ever been able to see me. How could Julie see you?"

"Honestly, we have no idea." Alex told me.

"Pretty cool though, right?" Reggie said.

"Yeah." I frowned. Luke then took a few steps towards me.

"We, uh, never got your name." He told me.

"I'm Sophie." I replied softly before taking a deep breath. "Not that she would, but if Julie asks, could you please not mention seeing me here?" I asked them.

"Sure?" The boys questioned.

"Thanks." I finished before walking away.

I found myself sitting at dining room table as I watched everyone sit down around the table, saying grace before they began to eat their spaghetti. They looked happy and that made me smile. Even when Tia entered the house through the back. "Busted." I watched as the three of them hide the empty plates and the clean cutlery from the spare seats.

"Spaghetti. Again?" The woman questioned as she placed a big pot down on the counter. "That's too bad. I brought you my pastilles and arroz con pollo.

"Hmm, thanks, Tia. Smells great." Julie told her as Tia put the pot into the fridge.

"You can have it tomorrow. I can't let you eat leftovers every night. My sister would kill me, may she rest in piece." Tia then approached the table and smiled. "I see things here are going better."

"Actually... Julie has been cleaning out mom's studio. Hopefully, we can get the house on the market and make some offers soon."

"Well, I like the sound of that." Tia admitted. "Moving from here is only gonna help you move on. You've got to rip that bandaid off and get the pain over with."

"Argh!" Julie screamed, making me turn my head almost immediately to see the three ghosts standing by the door. "... That was me... ripping of the bandaid." Julie told the others. Carlos laughed.

"There's my brave girl." Tia smiled.

"Hey, Julie, I really like what you did with the place." Luke told the girl.

"You shouldn't be here." Julie replied before laughing awkwardly and turning to Tia.

"I'm just here to help, mija." Tia said.

"I think that's our cue to leave." Alex told the boys.

"You think?" I questioned before they began to leave. Walking through the door.

"I mean, you should be at Pilates." Julie told Tia. "Thanks for bringing us food." The two of them then hugged.

"It's nothing. And now that you're no longer in the music program, you can concentrate on classes that matter." I frowned as I fell back into my seat. "You got the email from the school, right?"

"Yeah, we're still discussing it." The man said as he looked at his daughter.

"Bueno. I'm off to Pilates." Tia then said before blowing a kiss across the table to Carlos who stood up and hit it away with an imaginary baseball bat. Tia finished by kissing Julie on the back of the head, saying something in Spanish and leaving.

"So, Julie, wanna hear how I slid into home and was almost safe?" Carlos asked the girl, trying to change the subject. I could help but smile to myself before he was asked to leave the room.