Chapter Twenty-Four

"Julie and I were thinking we start with Stand Tall." Luke told me, Alex and Reggie.

"Perfect." Alex smiled.

"Yeah, sounds good." Reggie added.

"Sounds good?" Luke asked. "Dude, wake up! I wanna head sounds awesome... I know this isn't how we wanted things to turn out, but we gotta be all in tonight. This is our second chance at playing the Orpheum!"

"I get it, I do. But it's hard." Reggie admitted. "Do we even know what's on the other side when we cross over? Do we all still get to hang together? You guys are the only family I have."

"Yeah, I mean, I don't know what gonna happen either, but it's not like we have a choice." Alex frowned.

"Argh!" We all shouted as we were hit with another jolt.

"I'm pretty sure we do." I frowned.

"Yeah and it rhymes with Hollywood Ghost Club." Reggie said.

"Are you ready?" Julie asked as she entered the the garage with a smile on her face, only to frown when she saw the looks on the boy's faces. "What's wrong?"

"We just got rocked pretty hard by one of those jolt things." Alex told her.

"Pretty sure I ghost peed a little." Reggie said.

"But we're fine." Luke claimed.

"Actually, I'm a little nervous." Julie admitted. "Luke, can I talk to you for a second?" Luke then nodded his head and approached the girl.

"So are you all set on what you need to do tonight?" Alex asked me. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I will be there for your first performance and after that, I complete my unfinished business before you get off the stage."

"And we crossover together." Reggie told me. I nodded my head and forced a smile.

"Together." I repeated.

"Guys, band circle." Luke smiled. Reggie and Alex approach the two of them, either one of the, holding Luke's hand and with their other hand, hovering theirs over Julie's. I followed them too and I put one arm around Luke's shoulder and the other around Alex. "We don't know what brought us here, but what we do know is you're a star, Julie." Luke smiled. "And just because this is our last night together, it doesn't mean that we won't be watching you from above... or..." Luke nodded his head down and Julie laughed. "Now let's go and rock this show. Let's give them a night they'll be talking about til the sun comes up. Okay? Legends on three." Everyone the put their hands in the middle of the circle. "One. Two. Three. Legends!" We all shouted before the sound dad's car, honked.

"That's my dad." Julie said. "He's driving me there. So, I will see you guys, soon." Julie smiled before walking out of the garage.

As soon as Julie left, Carlos walked in, clapping. "Have a good show, boyband." He said.

"Who you calling boyband?" Luke asked him.

"Carlos!" Dad then called and Carlos face one last glare before running out of the room.

"How did he find out about us?" Reggie asked.

"He's pretty smart." I said.

"Or maybe it was the blinds? Or the blanket?" Alex told us. "You know, it could've been any number of things you did in that house." Luke then put his arm around Reggie.

"It doesn't matter, you guys." He said. "We're not coming back here anyways."

"And where is it you think you're going?" Caleb asked us, causing us all to turn to the piano.

"What are you doing here?" Luke questioned.

"Such hostility. I'm just here to congratulate you on your big night. Not everyone gets to play the Orpheum."

"No, okay. We know that it's your stamp that's hurting us."

"We already told you that we don't want to join your little club." I said.

"Yeah, and you can't make us either." Alex added.

"Right. You're crossing over tonight. So exciting. Funny thing about the cross over, no one really knows what's waiting on the other side. But I know what's happening on this side."

Caleb then blew a kiss and the air filled with white fog until it cleared and we were back at his club wearing formal wear. "Well, don't you look nice." Caleb said.

"How'd you know our sizes?" Alex asked him.

"That's your question?" Luke questioned.

"I know you four aren't my biggest fans." Caleb sighed. "And an eternity at my club might sound overwhelming. But... I just put you on sweet threads, so humour me this one last pitch. Now, for starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together? And believe me, everything you want, including Willie, is here. And on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops. You soak in the applause for as long as you want. The connection that you will feel with the audience will be like no other."

The crowd then cheered and we were jolted again. "Do you hear that? They're waiting for you." Caleb smiled before he ran out on stage and began to sing. All the dancers came out and one at a time, he began to control us. Taking us onto the stage one by one. Frost Alex, then Reggie, then me and then Luke.