Chapter Twenty-Two

A knock on my bedroom door caused me to sit up on my bed and Alex walked into my bedroom. "I thought I might find you here." He told me.

"Where else would I be? There's not exactly a lot for ghosts to do." I sighed. Alex took a deep breath and stepped closer to my bed.

"Luke told Julie about Caleb's curse." He said. "We need to figure out what our unfinished business is."

"I don't want to crossover, Alex." I confessed.

"So what? You wanna join Caleb's house band?"

"No. I don't want to do that either."

"Well, what's it gonna be because I am not going to let those jolts destroy you."

"I don't know, Alex." I frowned. "Even if I did want to crossover, I have no idea what my unfinished is."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think we know what ours is."

"If anything, that makes me feel worse."

"Right." Alex whispered.

"I'm just not ready to say goodbye." I admitted with tears filling my eyes.

"To Julie?"

"To Julie and you and Reggie and Luke. For the first time in a year, I haven't been alone."

"You're not alone." Luke said as he entered my room followed by Reggie.

"Yeah, we're in here too now." Reggie smiled before Alex hit his arm.

"We're gonna help you find out what your unfinished business is and we're all gonna crossover. Together." Luke told me.

"She doesn't want to crossover." Alex frowned, making the others frown too.

"What?" Luke questioned.

"I have to stay here. For Julie."

"Julie doesn't even know you're here." Luke snapped.

"Wow, Luke." I frowned. "Just when I thought you couldn't make me feel any worse than I already do."

"Sophie- I... I didn't mean it." Luke claimed, softly.

"You know what the worse part is?" I asked the boys. "Julie had lost almost everything and when things were finally looking up for her thanks to you guys, you go and tell her that you have three choices and not one of them end in staying here. Julie doesn't need anymore loss in her life."

"But won't Julie be better off knowing that we've crossed over?" Alex asked me. "Isn't that better than us being destroyed?"

"I don't know. I don't know because I'm not her. All I know is a world without my sister in it, is a world I don't want to live at all." I told the boys before walking through my door and down the hall to Julie's room.

"I get to look at all your mom's stuff." Flynn smiled as she folded up some of the clothes for, the trunk in Julie's room. "Did you know this was in here?" She then asked as she held up a white t-shirt with Sunset Curve written on it.

"What the heck?" Me and Julie questioned.

"How do you think she got it?" Flynn asked.

"I don't know, but the guys said they didn't know my mom. Why would they lie?"

"Maybe they didn't. Maybe she knew them. She could be a fan."

"I mean, Sunset Curve was playing the Hollywood club scene around then."

"What if you were right? What if the guys are connected to your mom? You know, through music or something?"

"Because she bought their t-shirt?" Julie questioned.

"Think about it. They were the ones who made you wanna play music again. Maybe she knew they could help you."

"So, you mean to tell me that my mom is somewhere out there planning all this? If she wanted me to play music again, why wouldn't she just tell me herself?"

"Maybe she can't. Maybe she has to do it another way. You know, through signs. You've been through these clothes how many times and haven't found this t-shirt? I mean, why now? This is another sign. I'm just saying. It's not over, Julie!"

"Really? Signs?"

"You're in a ghost band." Flynn said. "It's a crazy world. Look, you're gonna lose them no matter what and it sucks. But they helped bring you back to life. Now it's your turn to help them. They have to cross over. Let them go."

"Argh!" I then winced as I held my chest before looking at Flynn. "I hate it when you're right, Flynn." I sighed.

***

I followed Julie into the studio to find the boys sulking on the couch. "Snap out of it!" Julie shouted. "Do you guys want to crossover or what? Get it together!"

"They're never gonna let us play the Orpheum." Luke frowned.

"We're nobody." Alex said.

"We're less than nobody." Reggie added. "We have no bodies."

"Someone once told me that you don't ask for permission. You book gigs by doing."

"That was me." Reggie smiled.

"No, it wasn't." Julie told him.

"No, it wasn't." Luke repeated.

"This isn't over. We were brought together for a reason: to help each other."

"Yeah, but like Luke said, people don't just play the Orpheum because they want to."

"People don't but ghosts do." Julie smiled.