Chapter Eleven

"What are you doing in here?" I asked Luke, Alex and Reggie as they walked into my bedroom.

"We were... erm... looking for you." Alex told me as he scratched the back of his neck.

"No we weren't." Reggie smiled before Luke nudged him.

"Well, I'm sorry but I don't want you in here." I frowned as I picked up a box from my desk.

"Is this your room?" Luke asked me.

"It was." I told him. "Nobody comes in here anymore though. The door is always locked."

"Right." Alex frowned before turning to the guys. "I think we should go." He then whispered to them, although I could hear him perfectly. "Sorry. We should have... erm... knocked." He told me before he and Reggie headed for the door, walking straight through it.

"Aren't you going with the others?" I asked Luke who was stood staring at me.

"What's in the box?" He questioned as he took a step closer.

"It's my version of Julie's dream box." I sighed. "I was hoping that... I don't know."

"You were hoping what?" Luke asked me, softly.

"I was hoping that you could maybe show Julie some of the songs I wrote. Maybe you could even play one?" I suggested.

"You write too?" I nodded my head and the smile on Luke's face grew. "Well let's here one."

I took a deep breath and I opened the box before pulling out one of my favourite songs. "It isn't finished yet." I told him as I looked down at the piece of paper. "I gotta keep on dreaming, cause I've gotta catch that feeling. Whatever happens even if I'm the last standing, I'ma stand tall. I'ma stand tall." I sang. Luke then approached me and looked at the sheet of paper over my shoulder.

"Right now, I'm loving every minute. Hands down, can't let myself forget it, no. Cause everything is rushing in fast. Keep holding or never look back." We sang together.

"You're really talented." Luke told me. I looked up at his green eyes and our faces were inches apart.

"Thanks." I smiled, not breaking eye contact. After a few moments, Luke scratched the back of his head and I turned my head away.

"I should probably go and find Reggie and Alex." Luke told me. I nodded.

"Yeah, I should go too." I said before handing him the song.

"Right. I guess I will see you later." Luke said, awkwardly before waving and walking out of the room.

***

When Luke left my room, I flashed myself to Julie's school where I found her talking to Flynn in the music room. "My girl's got a crush and his name is Luke." Flynn smiled.

"Oh, god." I whispered.

"What? No. Luke's a ghost." Julie said.

"A cute ghost." Flynn added.

"With a perfect smile." Julie grinned.

"Ha. I knew it! Just reminder he's made of air."

"Cute air."

"Just don't get hurt, okay?" Flynn asked Julie. "Obviously you guys have a connection. Everybody's wondering when you'll play again."

"Play again? We don't even have anything planned. Luke and I have just been focusing on writing songs."

"Lucky for you, your marketing team has been way ahead of you." Flynn smiled.

"I don't have a marketing team." Flynn then reached into her bag and handed Julie a flyer. I walked over to where she was sitting and looked at it.

"Yes, you do! And surprise! You're playing the school dance tonight, and I'm DJ-ing too. I posted it all over social media. You have an excellent marketing team."

"No. No. This is in front of the whole school." Julie said.

"Sorry. You already have 68 likes." Flynn told the girl as she looked down at her phone, smiling before heading to the door. Julie then huffed before grabbing her things and running after the girl.

"I thought I might find you here." I turned around to see Alex standing behind me and I sighed before sitting down at the piano.

"I've been wondering, how is it that you three handled dying so easily?" I asked him.

"We didn't." He told me. "I mean, in case your forgot, I cried in a room for 25 years."

"Right." I whispered. "But Luke and Reggie seem pretty okay now they know they can play music." I told him.

"I guess they seem okay but they're not. Even if they don't admit it, I know them."

"You know, before I met you I thought I was trapped in my own personal hell."

"How?"

"Because I was trapped, watching Julie and my family and they couldn't see or hear me." I explained with tears filling my eyes. "It's just- I would give anything to be able to talk to Julie again."

"I get it." Alex told me. "I mean, there's someone we'd all love to talk too." I nodded my head and wiped away a tear that fell down my cheek before Alex pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, I've gotta go." Alex then told me as we pulled apart. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"I'll be fine." I told him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm meeting Willie." He said.

"You like him, don't you?" I smiled, making the boy blush.

"I guess I do."

"Does it not get complicated. I mean, we're dead. What's the point in having a relationship with somebody? Even if it's a one sided crush." Alex then frowned. "Oh, I didn't mean you." I told him, quickly.

"So, you have a crush on somebody?" Alex asked me, his frown turning into a smile.

"I guess." I said. "But even if he liked me back, I couldn't go there anyway."

"Because you're dead?"

"No, because of someone else." I admitted, thinking of Julie.

"Well, who is it?"

"I can't say." I frowned.

"Sophie. You can tell me." Alex said. I nodded my head and looked down at Rhea keys on the piano.

"It's Luke." I admitted. "I like Luke."

"Wait, really!" Alex questioned. "Oh, my god! I don't know what to say."

"You're not saying anything because you have to go and meet Willie, remember?" I asked the boy.

"Right." He said before poofing out of the room.