The Start of a Journey

Zacznij od początku

"Um, can I try some of that?" Emi questioned shyly as she pointed to a small piece of apple pie.

"You've never had apple pie before? Really?"

"I don't remember ever having it, but it smells good. I was just wondering if I could have a little piece."

The lightning wizard sighed before pushing the pie towards her. Emi's eyes lit up as she happily took a bite of the pie.

"Your name is Emi right?"

Emi nodded as she continued to eat the pie.

"Well Emi, you're very unusual."

She looked at him confused before humming and taking another bite of the pie.

"Hey! I said you could have a piece, not the whole thing!"

---------------------------------------------

"So what're we doing?"

"There's a meeting between guild masters taking place here in a couple of hours. I'm here to make sure it goes smoothly."

"Guarding guild masters? Wow, you must be really strong for that. Which guild asked you to help?" Emi asked curiously.

"Nobody did."

Makarov questioned, "Laxus, you're telling me you've been doing these things on your own accord?"

He simply nodded.

Emi hummed before she looked up at the building where the masters would meet. She felt a sudden wave of sadness as she looked at the building, but she couldn't tell why. Emi quickly shook it off and continued walking with Laxus.

"So do we go into the meeting with them or--"

"We stay outside and watch from afar. It's the best way to detect danger."

Laxus and Emi had sat outside of the building for two hours before the meeting ended and the guild masters exited. Laxus pulled Emi into the shadows as the masters started to walk away.

"Why are we--"

"Shut up."

Emi stopped talking and watched the masters file out of the building before heading towards the train station.

"Why do we have to hide? Wouldn't they want to know that you were able to guard them?"

"Stop asking so many questions."

--------------------------------------------------

"Era? Isn't that where the Magic Council is?"

Laxus nodded before telling her to gather her things so they could leave. Emi shrugged and packed what little she had and followed Laxus into the woods.

"Can't we just take the tr--"

"It's not a far walk," Laxus insisted as he didn't look back.

Emi rolled her eyes before catching up to him.

"We're taking the train next time," Emi sternly stated.

"We don't need the train."

"But it would be helpful."

"We don't need it."

Emi sighed, knowing the conversation was going nowhere. They had continued walking for two hours before they arrived in Era. Emi looked around in wonder as she observed the town. Laxus and Emi made their way to the Magic Council's headquarters and waited outside for someone to approach them. Emi didn't know why, but she felt nervous as she stood there. Eventually two men exited the building and walked over to the pair.

"Laxus, it's nice to see you--"

The soldier looked at Emi for a second before looking back to Laxus.

"Who is this?"

Emi smiled brightly before introducing herself. The soldier looked at her intently before his eyes widened. Laxus and Emi looked at him concerned before the soldier cleared his throat.

"I would like for you to help out with a simple transport request. It's to guard a caravan that's been attacked three times already."

Laxus nodded and grabbed Emi by the back of her shirt and dragged her away. Emi waved goodbye to the soldier before walking at Laxus's pace.

"What was up with him? He seemed strange."

"All Magic Council members are strange."

Emi laughed softly as they continued to walk away.