Silent Creek

Author's Note:

Hello,

I know that I have been a long way off the updating the book but I have been working on it to the very best of my abilities. I have had a lot of exams going on and I am only just halfway. I have been writing this story in my breaks and I know that it sucks. Forgive the errors and mistakes but I hope you enjoy it. By the way it might be a little dull. Just bear with me...

Thank you for sticking with the story and reading.....

***************************************************************************************************************************

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I leaned over the brand new sports bike, I had purchased over two months ago, looking at part of the small town which I had tracked down since my reawakening. A lot has changed about the place. The numerous trees that once littered the serene skyline were reduced. Buildings had replaced them and with my good sight I could see that the town had received a new name.

Silent Creek, I think aloud. This ought to be fun.

In the past few months I have spent on earth, I have done my best to reacquaint myself with the world. Since feeding from the lonely man in the forests, I have travelled around and set up myself quite well. I have also fed a number of times but careful to stay out of the eyes of others. My travels took me around the world on an education. I can boldly say that I now knew everything there was on the entire education system. It is safe to say I can run any country in the world if I so desired but that is not my desire. I used my vast wealth to secure what I wanted. To the small population of Silent Creek, 2776 to be exact, I would be the new seventeen year old girl whose parents are too rich to give a damn about where she stays.

The only reason I have decided to come back to the one place I promised I would never come to is because my memories keep telling me I need to be here. I just hope Sarah's descendants don't know about what I am or the pact I made with the witch. If they knew, it would not take long for them to discover me. You have to find him or her, Ashlan. I had to keep reminding myself of that.

The old lady had warned me that he was in danger and there was no chance I was going to let that happen. I knew from my silent observations that thousands of our kind lived in the world and that they all feared the council that sat in Italy. The council of traitors. I had masked myself from most of them which was a good thing for me since some of them might have noticed how old I really was and tried to attack me.

I have also learnt that I can tolerate the daylight a lot more than before. The feeling of pins stabbing my hard skin is still there but I can ignore it for most part of the day. I was so happy about this because I can walk around during the day but I have to stay away from the sun when it is at its highest point in its path. If the rays find me out at midday, I will be burned to pieces quite slowly. I would always have to wait for it to leave the highest point before I could tolerate it once more.

Aside from that, I have a whole new array of powers which I had never thought possible. Thanks to one of them I had managed to get myself the wonderful black Ducati 1198 SP without wasting any of my infinite fortune. I smiled to myself before revving the loud engine that reminded me of the sound of the Macedonian cavalry in days long lost.