Into The Black

AUTHOR'S NOTE 1:

Hello, I hope you are all prepared for this new chapter. I know i have taken sometime to write this and it is still rough around the edges but I hope you like it.

I know you will all see it soon where the story is going and very soon, you will all be into the nitty gritty of the eldest.

Also, I still need help for someone in the cast that could be Ashlan. HELPPPPP.

So I have been listening to the Chromatics like some maniac on something but hey I wrote this chapter with their song Into the Black blaring on the speakers. I guess it has a significant meaning to the entire chapter.

Sorry if there are any errors with it at the moment. It is not editted that shall be done at the end of the whole book....

Samuel S.B

Anyway here itis.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

***************************************************************************************************************************

Into The Black

I knew that it had gone on for a long time. I knew it was going to take every last bit of my energy to re-enter the world. I pushed the thoughts of the urgent need to feed to the side. It was difficult but I had to do it and think things through before I got back to my old ways.

My mind was awake, listening to a million sounds around me. I could hear the barking of dogs, running water from the rivers, people talking, laughing and snoring, babies crying and feeding from their mothers and everything that was around me. It was safe to say that my powers have heightened and there were some things awake inside of me.

I dragged my weary legs across the stony floor trying to get used to the feeling of moving once more. It felt like moving a thousand tones of stone around and being a vampire that said something. I raised my arms a number of times to get the feeling back. You have laid down for too long Ashlan. I walked round the cave taking in every single piece of my worldly collections; gold, diamonds, jade, statues, money from all over the world and dresses from the days I had walked the earth.

I picked up three bags of golden coins from the pile and walked to the entrance of the cave. My tongue flicked out and I tasted the air. It was a cold wintery night near the northern most parts of the earth. I walked out without a care in the world knowing what I had to do next. I have to feed.

****

I had been walking through the snow for days, pulling my sacks of gold along with me. Whenever I would sense the day coming, I would quickly dig a hole in the ground and crawl into it. I think I had shared a hole with a few rabbits which were not lucky to escape my thirst. I had fed on a few bears and small animals but they were not sufficient for my needs. I needed warm human blood. The sound of his beating heart brought my eyes upwards. His scent was mixed with that of the pines and firs. I could see the smoke rising from the fire which he had lit.

I walked over to him. He did not look up seeing as I was still a few miles away from him. I observed his face carefully. His skin was blotched and covered in scars that made me think back to the days of the ancient wars. His dull eyes were shinning with the stench of the thick and concentrated alcohol he was sipping. My eyes travelled down to his over-sized neck. The flow of his blood called to me and I had not realized that my legs were beginning to ease into a sprint.