Return

Shadow: 20
Sonic: 19
Blaire: 18
Twitch: 19
Cavern: 19
——————————————————————————
Blaire's POV

I was sitting at the small stream where my brothers had found me on that day. I was looking at the map Tails had given me, trying to figure out the best travel plan to the rain forest. I had to find answers to what happened to them, even if that meant leaving my brothers until I did.

I heard the sound of my brother teleporting behind me and I turned just as something was shot at us, causing an explosion. I activated my shields just as the flames surrounded me. I had to get out of there before the fire got too much for me to handle, so I ran into the stream and ended up getting swept away by the strong currents. I never would've guessed that this stream would've been strong enough to sweep me away.

"Shadow!!" I called out.

"Blaire...!!" his voice echoed. "Where are you...?!"

"Help me!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gasped and shot up from my bed, my hand over my heart as if to hold in in my chest. I took a deep breath to calm down from the nightmare. I heard the door open as Twitch and Cavern walked in.

"You okay?" Cavern asked, concern laced in his voice.

"We heard ya yellin in yer sleep again." Twitch leaned against the door frame.

"Yeah, just a bad dream. I'm good." I reassured them, stretching as I stood.

"Aight, welp we gotta get ya to the marina if ya wanna catch that boat on time."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm comin. Lemme get ready, be out in a sec."

"Okay, just hurry." Cavern said. "The boat leaves in an hour."

I nodded as they walked out and got up from the bed. I'd really miss this jungle and those two wolves, but I needed to go home. I needed to go back to my brothers. I had found the information I needed about my parents, and it was time to go back to tell my brothers what I knew. I'd heard from a few sources that the two had become pretty famous from helping save the planet multiple times, like stopping a space station from crashing into the earth and stopping this crazy scientist from taking over the world. I was proud of them, they managed to get along well enough without me around.

I ended up just wearing a black crop top, black shorts, and brown hiking shoes with a dark cloak as a cover. Once I was dressed, I quickly brushed my quills back and put in my silver earring. It was the only thing I was able to salvage from my mother's belongings after the accident, Shadow had gotten Dad's energy rings and Sonic had Mom's warp rings.

"Blaire, c'mon! We gotta go!"

"I'm coming!!"

I grabbed my bag and teleported outside in front of the twins. The both jumped, like they always did when I used my abilities. Even after four years, they still weren't used to it. After they restarted their hearts, we made our way to the marina just outside of the jungle. Once we got there, I turned to my friends to say goodbye but they told me their little surprise.

"We're goin with ya!" Twitch exclaimed excitedly.

"W-What?" I asked, confused.

"Come on, B." Cavern said. "You really think that after four years, we'd just let you leave without making sure you're completely safe and find your brothers without any problems?"

"What ya think we are?"

"So, you guys are really coming to the island with me?"

"Ya know it!"

"Thanks, guys." I said, hugging them. "But, wait. What about your home?"

"Eh, who's gonna try and break into a hidden treehouse in the densest, deepest, darkest, and most ancient part of the jungle?"

I laughed and nodded as we boarded the boat. I was lucky to have these two white wolves as my friends. We stood at the front of the boat and I told them about my brothers and some of my parents, stories that I remembered from before everything went wrong. I leaned against the railing with the boys on either side of me. Over the four years I've known them, they've kind of taken on the roles of my older brothers that I left behind so long ago.

"So, how do you plan on finding your brothers, Blaire?"

"Well, in the old town that we grew up in, there was this one lady who helped take care of us. Her name was Vanilla, she was so kind to us. I figure that if anyone knows anything, she'd be the best to start with."

"Cool, so we get to see where you grew up?"

"Seems like it." I grinned.

"Sweet!!"

"Good lord, Twitch..." Cavern sighed, shaking his head.

I chuckled as I looked ahead just as the island was starting to come into view. I stood up straight at the sight and tears formed in my eyes. My home...

I was almost home...