The Accident

Shadow: 10
Sonic: 9
Blaire: 8
——————————————————————————
No one's POV

Two young hedgehog brothers were racing through the streets of the small village, looking for their younger sibling. The blue-furred and emerald eyed brother ran ahead to search everywhere while the black and red furred and ruby eyed one stopped every few moments to ask people if they'd seen their younger sister. They ended up in the woods near a stream, finding the white furred and ruby-emerald eyed hedgehog picking flowers that grew along the banks.

"Blaire!!" the blue blur called out to his sister.

"Huh?" she turned just as her brothers ran into her in a hug. "What's going on? Are you guys okay?"

"Where were you?!" the black and red brother snapped, fighting tears. "Mom and Dad said to stay with us! We turned around and you were gone!! Why'd you run off?!"

"I'm sorry, Shadow..." Blaire whimpered as tears fell. "I didn't mean to upset you or Sonic... I'm sorry."

"We're not mad, sis!" Sonic said, hating to see his sister upset. "Right, Shadz?"

"We're not mad..." Shadow sighed, wiping his tears before his younger siblings could see. "We were just worried, that's all. Just don't scare us like that again, please?"

Blaire sniffed and nodded as her brothers helped her up. The three siblings decided to stay just for a bit longer so that the youngest could continue to pick flowers for their parents. After a short while of the siblings sitting by the stream, the eldest, Shadow, decided that it was time to go back home. Since Blaire had not gotten her speed yet, Shadow had to carry her as they ran back home. That was when they saw the fire.

"No!!" Blaire cried, running towards her burning home. "Mama!! Papa!!"

"Blaire, wait!!" Sonic shouted, reaching for her.
Blaire dodged him, being more agile than her older brother, and kept running. Shadow teleported ahead of her and stopped his sister from getting too close to the flames, hugging her tight. She fought against his hold, crying when he didn't let her go.

"We have to help them!!"

"We can't..." Sonic said, also hugging her. "They're gone-"

"Don't say that!!!" she screamed at him.

"Blaire, they're gone." Shadow said calmly with tears. "Mom and Dad are gone, now. We just have to stay together because we're all we have now, okay?"

"Okay..." Sonic said sadly.

"Blaire?"

"Yeah... okay."