Chapter 36- Past Dictates Future

August's pov

The banquet ended suddenly. I should've taken that as a sign. Spending the days and nights in this kind of life makes you dull to miracles and signs. I should have gotten out when I had the chance.

I should've gone to Dad. I should've gone home when I was out of sight.

"HEY! Wake up, Auggie!" Kane pours his coffee over my head, "AH! Uh!" I growled

"HEY! Wake up, Auggie!" Kane pours his coffee over my head, "AH! Uh!" I growled. The wounds on my body had stopped healing days ago. I don't know how long I've been here. Afterward, I went back to the underground at the banquet, getting rid of anything connecting to me there. Only Kane had sent his troops there ahead of me.

I managed to take out two; the other one got the step on me, that's how I ended up here in the tracks where Kane has control

I managed to take out two; the other one got the step on me, that's how I ended up here in the tracks where Kane has control. He had my neck, ankles, and wrists to the brick wall. The chains shorten, so I've been standing for days. I no longer feel my legs or arms.

"Now now I did not know you were part mutt; I gotta say your healing is something else." Kane talked on and on. The stinging in my wounds kept me aware of my senses all around. I tried to ignore Kane.

"Aw, Auggie ignoring me isn't going to help you," Kane said had. His troops have taken out Maya's car battery to use to torture me, stripping the car of everything in hopes of leading them to trails with no luck.

"Uh, Rgh! Fuck you!" I spat at them; they laughed at my poor attempts to spit at their faces with my blood, they hooked the cables to my chest, clipping the hook onto my exposed nipples. The electricity rerun through my body; this is what stopped my healing. My mind is going numb, my flesh smoking.

"Oof, don't get him all crispy," Kane noted, looking at the dark hole admiring it from afar but never went near it.

"You remind me of them, you know. That determination of yours, the same one my Dad hated seeing it in them, their mother now I understand what he meant, there's no hope in this Auggie, no hopes of you getting out of here. No one ever gets out," Kane declared, his words echoed within the tracks and how deeply those words affect hybrids in their cruel world where life and death deal with daily.