Chapter 40-Broken Refuge

Manhattan, NY

John's pov

I've always told myself it better to have a plan than no plan. I knew they would come for me, and Sean, I knew still, I felt it that I owe it to Ace and her sisters. Their Mother brought this upon us. I could've avoided helping them. 

Yet, I cared too much for the future of a daughter that was never mine.

"AH! I won't ask again, you fuckwad! Where are they?!" The overbearing brat yells at me as my blood ruins my new carpet

"AH! I won't ask again, you fuckwad! Where are they?!" The overbearing brat yells at me as my blood ruins my new carpet. I can tell from his fearless demeanor of beating a full-blood outside of the vampire terrorists, tells me he's protected by someone higher up, possibly one of the chairs of the council of this city.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I groaned. The boy yanked my hair to make me face him.

"You know I would prefer being on top, but if you're into this, then-ugh!" I laughed as he broke my right arm; I grunted back a scream choking back the pain. I had to make sure that Sean didn't come out from our panic room. They won't get anything out of me.

"Get that fat fuck in here now!" He yells at the others; they pulled on both my arms, even the broken one

"Get that fat fuck in here now!" He yells at the others; they pulled on both my arms, even the broken one. I shut my mouth as they force me on my knees. I struggled to see through the blood, and my left eye was swollen.

"Good God fuck! You can't keep manhandling through the city!" A man told the bastard then, like Lyra who came here with a powerful pull of magic, this man in front of me has magic but not as powerful as Lyra's.

"Another mage doing the dirty work of vampires, wonder what they got you in for. Breaking into my house and assaulting me! You don't think the table of councils wouldn't notice!" I yelled at him; the brat grabs my broken arm, I cried out in pain.

"Now, Now can't hold me accountable since you're damage. You might not survive this process of me invading your mind, but all well that ends well." He said, reaching out his hand to invade my mind. I struggled as best I can. The magic invaded my mind.

He knew about me about my past life back home in Scotland, how I fled the Fianna, a group of mythical warrior bands where we were huntsmans and sold pelts and served the high king at the time. I left my band knowing there was more outside of the isle of destiny.