Chapter 47- Duties & Responsibilities

Axel's pov

We've been staying in the Undead King for a matter of weeks now. Lyra and her family, alongside the pack, have been processing and helping the community of Oregon. Rebuild the town; I've made sure Lyra and her family have stepped out to speak to the public despite the other leaders demanding an audience with us equally.

I awoke in the guest bedroom, hoping to feel Lyra next to me, but I found it empty.

"Lyra?" I called out to her, "I'm in the shower, come!" She hollered, and I got up and went into the shower; she always liked the water extremely hot to nearly boil, so as much as I liked to have my wife close.

The water burns my skin. "Love, why are you up so early?" I whimpered, my back pressed against the shower tile.

"I decided it's time to return to my duties. The pack, you, and Aaron need my guidance, and being in this estate with my family is getting tiresome." She declared, turning off the water.

"Lyra, I told ye," I tried, but Lyra stepped into my arms.

"Now I'm telling you. I have to do something, and the leaders are spreading lies and deceiving the people. We've helped in saying our daughters caused this mess. I cannot sit by when they're not here to defend themselves." Lyra stated, holding me close. I stayed silent for a moment, feeling her skin and watching the steam from the hot shower.

"Axel, no one could have made them stay," Lyra assured me, burying her face within my neck.

"I vowed never to fail them again," I told her, staring into her eyes.

"Amor, our daughters have my stubbornness and yours. Our strengths combined, they are stronger." Lyra explained to me. Her words held the truth as she spends years by their side, even learn of them after the separation.

"I never wanted them to suffer, Ly," I growled, dropping my head against her chest.

"I know there's always a price when dealing with magic. Our daughters paid my price; it's my decision, my regret." She reminded me, holding my shoulders.

"We do not know where they are,"

"We do, even when he was angry and gave me a good slap in so many years. He reassured me that he'd update us about the girls," She concluded. I admit I was angry at the moment, but it took me back when we were younger when she fought tooth and nail with the women of the court who tried to seduce me or take Aaron from her. I was never more proud to call her my wife.

"Now, let's get dressed. There are many matters to attend to," Lyra kissed my lips. I stroke her face with my fingertips, reminding her that this was not a dream I've always wanted, only wanted my daughters beside us. Still Lyra by my side, we can face anything.

We got dressed and watched as she dressed in a blouse and tailored pants; her nails nicely polished and painted her makeup made her eyes draw attention alongside the shaded pink on her lips

We got dressed and watched as she dressed in a blouse and tailored pants; her nails nicely polished and painted her makeup made her eyes draw attention alongside the shaded pink on her lips. She wore her hair loose, and her hair had white highlights.