Chapter 7- Who They Are Now?

Morning after Arrival

Maggie's pov

Uncle Axel's wrath is mad beyond hell's fire, Auntie Lyra was scared for Aaron. It turns out when Aunt Lyra and the 'misfits' were kidnapped from our enemies from within the city's immortal council.

 In order for the girls to be undiscovered by our enemies where they could've been used as blackmail against our pack. To give the council reason to overthrow Uncle Axel from his status as the Grand Alpha of New York. Aunt Lyra had to lock away a part of themselves from within, it's very complicated then again magic always is.

 This is how she told us and how serious the pack has to take this. The spell she casted upon the girls is an ancient spell, that has been casted during the time of the South American Extermination. The spell was very difficult for Aunt Lyra to cast. To make sure that the spell remained intact for as long as it did, she brew potions to keep her magic from manifasting during her captivity.

Since the girls are hybrids, it took all of Aunt Lyra's magic to seal away their two other halfs. The magic that would've soon flourish when they grew including the wolf that has been with them since birth, but by doing so in a short amount of time. Aunt Lyra had to erase their own memories of their home, us their family and their own true indentities. 

If anyone or thing that can remind them of their past during their captivity, severe side effects can cause lethal consequences. Their memories can come rushing in and drive them insane. The other could be that their wolf can defend themselves by killing anyone. The worse of is that their power can be overwhleming powerful that the effects can't be determine by Lyra if they'll survive the transation of being whole once again.

That why we were sent out to find Aaron before he sees any of the girls before something bad will happen. Luke and I know how to enter Aunt Lyra's residents without being spotted by those living there, I just hope we're not spotted by the girls. 

"Maggie, he took the path," Luke noted in a whisper as we were hidden within the trees. We had to be careful of the wind coming our way. Aunt Lyra warn us even without their wolf instincts the girls are still able to sense those surrounding them by the wind. As we were taught when we were cubs, the wind can work with you or against you.

"Uh," We overheard a heavy thud, coming from the south side of the forest just beyond the house.

 We climbed further up from the trees to get a better view. What I saw next is going to stay with me forever as long as I live, that feeling of helpless in that moment. Aaron lay unconscious on the ground. His head bleeding within the soil as a small girl no older than me and Luke. Who looked like our Aunt and Uncle, easily took down Aaron which not even Luke and I can do when in combat. She held a shovel and starts digging a grave for Aaron, I can't hear him breathing.

 She held a shovel and starts digging a grave for Aaron, I can't hear him breathing

"A-aron." I whimpered but the girl stops and stares at our direction. Luke quickly slams his hand over my mouth while he stood shivering hoping and praying she doesn't notice us. She digs a grave under a bolder which will crush Aaron's body once the rain starts. To see her pull him into the grave then take the shovel to make adjustments to his size of the grave and then take something out from her pocket and throws it down on him. Piling dirt after dirt upon him.