Chapter 44- The Fallen Comrade

Lyra's pov

I started where the great power came from the academy. Mami and Papi stepped behind me, staring out the window, waiting too. They felt it, too, including the rest of the family. Mami gasped, grasping my wrist. Adrian held onto her wrist, gulping.

"One is fading," Mama gasped with tears running down her face

I gulped, turning back to the door seeing the guards and the keys that Manuel held in his hands.

"You can't go; I promised your daughter you'll all be safe here," King Erik told me, entering with his children. 

I hissed then began to shake. I could not aid my daughters, my son, or my husband. Princess Aurora came beside me, taking my hands into hers; I noticed the tattoo on her wrist, a half circle and lines. I saw her brother's too. Arthur saw my stare and walked to me, holding out his hand. I took both of their hands together. The tattoos together formed a sun.

"Maya told us how you always said The Sun Rises And Sets On Maya," Aurora informed me. So I looked out, the great light glistened in the sky, and the rest of the flames disappeared.

"Auntie Lyra," Maggie called out with her phone giving it out to me, "Axel?" I wondered while the family gathered around me. "I have Maya and Kat, Lyra," Axel reassures her. The two children sighed in relief hearing Maya's name over the line.

"Thank God! What about Ace? She left heading towards you?" I asked

"Thank God! What about Ace? She left heading towards you?" I asked. He stayed silent for a moment and avoided the question.

"Lyra, it's Maya. She shifted when her magic saved us from the Drainers," He mentioned that stopped me for a bit. Maya's magic developed at rapid speed than her sisters; only now does she started to shift. So one of our daughters is fading.

"Where's Ace, Axel?!" I shouted. The ground cracked beneath me; King Erik grabbed his children quickly; Axel took a few minutes before answering.

"I've sent Aaron after her," Axel answered. Finally, my legs couldn't hold me anymore. Papi held onto me and told me to calm down. Lyla stepped on the cracks keeping ground from going apart, and alerted everyone to get out of the estate in case of collapsing.