Chapter 20- The Aftermath

After a three day weekend, the Franklin Family returned home. All the adults agreed it was best that the family all stayed there with the new baby and that the children take a few days off of the academy until they were convinced they were safe. 

The cold morning air wasn't helping much of anyone, exhausted and paranoid.

They arrived at their estate Ace quickly made work in doubling their security system and armed herself with her swords, this made her Mom and sisters worry about her more so, she was cold and not responds as she was with her family the past few weeks. And has been avoiding Lydia, the baby and Henry.

Adrian and his wife Paula made a few calls to clients and friends to reasure them that they were alright and won't be accepting any calls to the house and that they'll be turning off their phones. Since the birth of their granddaughter and they'll be taking care of their family at their house and wished not to be disturbed. 

"I called in at the office we took a few days off at the hospital," Adrian told his family, seeing how Ace was constructing a bigger and advance booby traps around the area.

"How long as she's been at this?" He asks them watching as Ace goes back and forth from the backyard to the woods with tools and rope and nails. While the family inside were exhausted to even care what she was doing and decided to order out food.

"We don't know, but it's best we leave her alone," Lyra told her brother turning back to the house with the rest of her daughters. Opening the doors that lead to the kitchen from the garden.

"Is that wise?" Adrian was worried and surprised his sister didn't stop Ace from working.

"Not unless you want to lose your head," Kat and Maya remarked not smiling or laughing when saying it, this makes him stop in his tracks looking back on where Ace disappeared too.

"Is that a joke? Please tell me that is a joke," He said worried seeing how easy they were reacting to this perhaps they were too tired from the hiking and camping in the mountains with a crying newborn and the food with the food running low.

"Wish we were," Maya confirms Adrian steps in but flicks the lights on for Ace to see and leaves one of the doors left open in time when Ace returns. He didn't even know she was armed too tired and scared of the attack and the safety of his family on his mind.

"Alright we ordered some food hopefully it gets here before any of us gets a chance to sleep," Paula whines with good reason the baby has been crying non-stop up on the montains only time they had to sleep was when she passed out from her feeding and naptime.