Chapter 13

....He warned me. Senior Mabel said and cried the more. I was scared. "Sorry senior Mabel", I said as I sat on my bed

"I won't go for prep", I muttered.

Every one was already trooping in. Grace winked to me as she sat on her bed. I smiled.

"Today is prep!", senior Ella yelled.

"We all know!", senior Gift said.

"Heys! Stick shut up!", senior Ella said.

"Pig stay on your lane, I'm better than you", senior Gift said angrily. Senior Ella cracked up and laid on her bed.

"Good afternoon ma". Everyone chorused. A dark, fat woman came in, "Good afternoon girls, am your house mistress and you can call me Mrs Fadipe", she said. "Today is prep, meaning preparation. So the bell would be rang by 10pm. Everyone is to go to the hall, especially all juniors in their night wears only.

I musn't see any one on house wear, she continued.

"Be good girls!", she said.

OK MA!, we chorused.
"Yes, who is I sabel?", she said. I was scared as I raised my right hand up.

"Your mom called to ask of you, she's coming on Sunday, are you aware?", she asked. "Yes ma", I said. She nodded and walked out. Shit!, I have to go for prep...I muttered. We did our laundry.

The bell rang by 7:30pm, It was time for dinner. We ate spaghetti and fish. Senior Mabel didn't eat lunch and dinner and she was still on her uniform. Her eyes were red.

Senior Alice helped her pull her uniform, and wore her night dress for her. It was almost 10 pm. I closed my eyes and muttered some prayers. I was on a short purple night gown. The bell rang for prep.

Grace was ready, she was on her pyjamas. She carried her bag.

"Bella, get up, it's time", she said.

I winced and put on my robe. I didn't tie the robe. I took my bag and walked with Grace to the hall.

When we got there, there were some boys already seated, reading. We sat at a table, facing each other.

My night dress got shorter as I sat, revealing my laps....