An Unplanned Save

(Play until you reach the end of this chapter )

Chapter 3

Ashley's POV

Jessica's axe was in the air above her head, ready to strike Mitch and end Ryan's plan and I would become a little toy for him.

Wait, this is too fast.

How can the villains just take over the land that easily without a fight? In every storybook I've read, the good guys always win and the villain always dies, but how can this story end like this? Right now?

But it's about to.

But then it doesn't.

Another hand is on the handle of Jessica's axe, stopping her from killing Mitch.

She turns around and someone is shoving her down to the ground but the axe was left unattended.

It falls on Jerome's open toe and he screams with ultimate pain.

"Jerome!" Mitch shouts. I look up at who it was but Mitch was concerned about Jerome.

"Your welcome." Alanna says before she strangely disappears out a open window on her right.

I'm left speechless and paralyzed.

One of the girls who wants me dead, just saved my life from another.

I look back to Mitch and Jerome who Mitch was helping Jerome and they were talking loud.

It was like I could only see Alanna and hear her, as if she was a hallucination.

But if she was, I better keep this to myself for now.

I hear the thudding of footsteps from the upper stories. I stand up and face the stairs, but I can't seem to move, and I can't seem to hear everything except my own heartbeat, picking up the pace.

"Ashley! What the hell are you doing?" Jerome shouts. I spin around and Mitch is gesturing to the corridor. I nod and start to head off with them. Mitch is holding Jerome up and limping with him but fast.

Jerome was in pain, but he wasn't going to die. Even if it meant that he could bleed out right now from an axe blade slicing off his second toe.

We finally reach the door and only apartment residents have the access to it which is finger-tip activated. I push my thumb against the screen on the right and it excepted me. The door opens and the screen is then folded into the wall as if it knows what is happening.

We close the door and start to head down some stairs to the basement of which the residents can only access through the DNA scan.

I hear the thudding of footsteps behind the door and me Mitch and Jerome try to shuffle downstairs quietly and swiftly.

But it seems as if we are getting handfuls of miracles because we do manage to get down there fast and quietly as possible.

The final door to the basement is another DNA scanner ready to close.

I press my thumb to it and the door opens.

Everyone that lives in the apartments here is all cramed together against the very large room.

Louise runs to Jerome, her baby bump bigger than ever since she's one week late.

"Jerome! What the hell happened to your toe?!" Louise shouts. The whole building shushes her. She glares at all of them.

"Mitch's insane ex-crush Jessica, had an axe and she was about to kill us then Alanna stopped her and Jessica dropped the axe on-"

"Wait, hold the fuck up," Louise holding her hand up. "Alanna saved you? The girl who is trying to kill us and who has teamed up with the psycho who wants you for your body? I don't believe you,"

"She was there I wasn't hallucinating I swear!"

"If she was there, what did she say?"

"She said, 'Your welcome'" I say recalling on her words. "And then left,"

"I still don't believe you,"

"Okay, you know what? It's fine if you don't believe me. I'll find a way." I say crossing my arms. Mitch hands Jerome off to Louise and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Mitch, it's fine if you don't believe me-"

"I do believe you," He says.

"You do?"

"Yeah, I saw her, but I had to help Jerome first because, he did get his toe sliced off with an axe."

I shut my shoulders with him.

"Mitch I-"

"Guys they're here," Jerome says. A silence goes over the room and me and Mitch go to sit with the other scared residents. Mitch puts me in his lap and I cling on to him. I hear the thudding footsteps trying to open the door to the basement and my heart picks up the pace more and more.

"Mitch," I whisper in his ear. "I'm scared." My voice starts to shake. He turns his head towards me and kisses me.

"So am I," He grips onto me tighter. "It'll be over soon, I promise." I nod my head.

For now. This war will never end.

They're pounding on the door and pounding some more.

I bury my face in Mitch's chest and listen to his heartbeat.

It's in sync with mine, fast and getting faster.

Then after dreadful seconds and minutes that have ticked by on us,

the pounding stopped.

We all stay quiet for a minute longer.

"I think they're gone," Mitch says.

"I think they are."

Then the door opens.

Why do I always leave you guys with cliffhangers?

Because I'm evil

-

Hey! It's been a while hasn't it?

-

But today I start art classes and the classes are cheap and they're 7 minutes from my house so yay (More art on here possibly? Maybe so!)

-

So leave a vote if you enjoyed, comment your thoughts and leave a follow for more fan-fictions and chapter and all that good stuff!

-

Keep calm and read on!

-

~Nat
🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟