No Such Thing as Ghosts

Chapter 10

Ashley's POV

"Do you know anything about where they buried Ty?" I ask Alesa.

It's Tuesday. She's shadowing me 2:00-3:00. It's 2:39 right now.

I also asked for her to shadow me since I'm trying to get her past Adam. We get updates from him every three days.

Adam's life is like he's hanging over a cliff, he's using his hands to keep himself from falling to his doom. His fingers are slipping. So slowly. And at any second of the day his fingers could slip, and he'll be wiped away from existence.

Alesa has her mouth open like she's going to say something. She sighs and hesitates.

"They buried him about 15 miles from here. Westfield Cemetery. Why?"

"I think he's haunting me," I say straight out. She gives me a puzzled look.

"Why do you think that? There's no such thing as ghosts,"

"It was a dream I had last night. I dreamt it was early in the morning, I was hungry so I went to get a snack, then someone was trying to break into the apartment. I grabbed a knife and hid behind the counter. He made it in and walked to Mitch and I's bedroom. I followed him and it was Ryan, before he could do anything to me or Mitch, he was thrown against the walk and then he was killed. I was too and then I saw Ty,"

"Ty was-"

"I wasn't finished," I say shooting her a glare for interrupting me. "Then he was saying I should protect 'him' and. I should protect 'them'. He was like trying to crush my collarbone while bursting into tears and then I woke up,"

Alesa ran her hand through the longer side of her lava red hair. She exhales heavily.

"Fuck," She swears under her breath.

"What?" I saw the troubled look in her eyes and I could tell that what she was going to tell me next wasn't going to be pretty.

"Ty is coming back to haunt you. And "Protect them," that's us Ashley,"

"Us?"

"Mitch, you, me, Jerome, everyone of your friends,"

"Is he like a death angel or some shit like that?" I say stopping in my tracks.

"I think so, he's telling that we're all probably going to die soon,"

"Ryan and his posse probably,"

"Is this the only dream you've had with Ty?"

"Yeah, it's not going to be the last though,"

"He's trying to get a message to you, he's telling you that he has a plan to protect you and everyone if you follow it. If you want to get out of the dance with death, you're going to have to do everything he says,"

She grips my shoulders like how Ty did in the dream and looked at me straight in the eyes. I see all the shades of brown in her iris the size of a dime, and it already shows the top of an acorn, the bottom of a Hershey's Kiss. I forgot how pretty her eyes were, hopefully if she has future children, they have her eyes. We need more of them in the world.

I nod my head fast in her response.

"You can't let us down Ashley!" She shouts at me.

"I won't!" I say nervously. "I promise Alesa I won't!"

That promise will one out of the hundreds I haven't been able to keep. But I have I tried to keep other promises? I try with every centimeter of my soul to keep them, commit them, make people happy.

But this time, it's life and death, it's not a game of roll the dice and then you can go back a few steps or go far ahead of everyone else.

This is life, you take baby steps up the staircase to heaven, you do fuck something up with your body, your life, you move up a few steps. Or you can stay there, standing on a step, anticipating what's going to happen next. We age as we walk up these stairs, it takes years and years to climb, or a shorter time depending on what you do with yourself.

When you reach the age when your hands shake when you extend it to meet someone, when your skin becomes wrinkly like a raisin, and your hair turns white as a sheet, you finally get to the final step, your shaky hand reaches for the door knob and turns it slowly, and when you open the door, the bright light invites you to the true city of angels. And the population number raises by one.

Well, shitty chapter in about a month, what a surprise.

(Writers block)

-

The first part of 'Shatter Me' (my new #Merome fan-fiction) is up! So if you want to check it out, you can look at my profile, vote for it if you like and add it to your library if you want!

-

The one year anniversary of Lost in Desire and my Instagram account is right around the corner and for the LID anniversary, I will upload two chapters of Game Over, and a chapter of Shatter Me on the same day. And 3 active fans of mine will get a custom profile picture made by me! (I make good profile pictures, they are decent at least)

So if you comment here if you want one I could possibly pick you 😊

-

So leave a vote if you enjoyed, comment your thoughts and leave a follow for more fan-fictions and chapter and all that good stuff!

-

Keep calm and read on!

-

~Nat 😊💕