•23•

A/N
I'm so sorry for not publishing in this book for so long. I was focused on my other book and with school starting again things got hectic. This chapter is going to be pretty short but the next one will be filled with action.
—————————————————

It has been about two weeks since Zayne proposed and they have been a great two weeks. Zayne and I went on a mini vacation and are now back at home and back to work. Word has gotten out about our engagement though. Everyone in our Mafia and the mafias we are in alliance with have called to congratulate us. And if they found out, that means so can our rivals and enemies. And I have learned from the past that if they disapprove they will make it known. Everyone has been on high alert and it will most likely be like this until after the wedding, which we decided to have in two months.

"Hey baby."
I look up from my laptop to see Zayne walking into my room. Smiling, I close my laptop and put it on the table next to me.
"Hey, what's up?"
"Nothing but I was wondering if you wanted to start doing some of the planning for the wedding so you don't stress about it in the month before it."

I decided to plan the wedding myself instead of hiring someone. It has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl to plan my own wedding.

"Sure. Well we already have a venue and a guest list so how about we start doing decor?"

"Sounds good."

We planned for about an hour before Zayne decided to go get some work done and I decided I needed some fresh air.

I grab my phone, wallet, car keys, and weapons before walking out of my room.
I let one of my brothers know where I am going and then drive to a little marketplace on the outskirts of town.
I walk around for a bit talking to some people I know and just enjoying the change of scenery. Walking back to my car I got a weird feeling. Looking around I don't see anything but right as I turn back around someone grabs me from behind and puts a white cloth over my mouth. I know I can fight them off but I make a, probably, very stupid decision. I let them kidnap me because I want to know who they work for and what they want from me. I can tell that they are a little surprised I'm not fighting back because they are extremely tense. But I don't think about it for much longer because I let the darkness consume me.