•21•

Zayne left me alone so that I could call Uncle Carson. He visits a couple times a year and is still a big part of my life.
*Call begins*
C- "Hello"
N- "Hey Uncle Carson."
C- "I had a feeling I would hear from you soon." He says with a chuckle.
N- "Yeah" I let out a little laugh
C- "Just know that you do not have to do this if you don't want to. I don't want you to feel obligated."
N- "I know but I want to do it I am just still unsure."
C- "Ok, what are you unsure about?"
N- "Will the members take me seriously?"
C- "Kiddo, I have seen you in action and most of them have as well. Do you forget the first encounter you had with everyone at the party when you met Zayne? They know you are more than capable of leading."
N- "What about the future?"
C- "What about it?"
N- "What if I want to start a family and live a partially normal life. I know that I will never be able to fully get out of the mafia world and I am ok with that but I don't want my kids to be looking over their shoulders all the time, and not feel safe in their own home or for them to come home when they are little to learn that their mom had been killed."
C- "You can deal with that when you get to that point. You can have someone 'take over' for you and they be the public face but you still run everything. There are plenty of ways around that."
N- "I guess you are right. Thanks Uncle Carson."
C- "Anytime kiddo"
*Call ended*

I lay flat on my back sprawled out on my bed. I guess I am really doing this. I get up and make my way to Dad and Marco's office.
I knock lightly on the door and then I walk in.
I sit down in the chair that I was in a couple hours ago when I got this shocking news.
Dad and Marco stood up from their desks and sat in the lounge area with me. They looked a little nervous for my answer but I guess that is understandable.
"I have decided that I will take over but I want to have a year of co leading with Marco so that everything isn't dumped on me all at once. I also want you to be my advisor."

They both let out sighs of relief when I told them my answer.
"Of course baby sis, I will be your advisor for as long as you need and a year seems reasonable. I wouldn't want to overwhelm you with everything at once. You are already trained to mostly everything but if you would like I can take care of the paperwork side of stuff for you."

"That would work because we all know my attention span would go out the window if I had to sit at a desk doing paper work." Dad just laughs and agrees. We stand up and they both give me a hug and go back to work. Before I leave Dad tells me "We can do this however you want and at whatever pace you want. I was forced to take over early and do it on my own. I don't wish that on any of my children."
"Thanks Dad, Love you both."
"Love you too." They both reply.
I walk out of their office surprisingly excited for what is to come.
Never in a million years did I think that any of this would happen to me. Yet here we are.

A/N
Should I do a date scene with Noel and Zayne. I am open to ideas. ❤️❤️ Also my friend just published a new book!!! You should check it out summer_rain01