Chapter 6

Devon's POV

As I was setting up the sound system, the boys and I were dancing slightly on the stage to the techno music pulsing through the crowd. I scanned the crowd, and I noticed some pretty girls. I sighed, it was useless. All the girls here were pretty much trashed or they were acting like sluts. Also because IPod girl wasn't here. This upset me, but life will go on.

I looked over at Randy. He looked as if he was going to stage dive into the crowd of girls. I chuckled under my breath. He is such a horn dog. I looked back out into the crowd, waiting for my bandmates to finish up. I noticed two girls giggling, but not dancing like they were in an adult rated film. I watched them, thinking the girl with grey leggings was very adorable. I saw her face, and alarms went off in my head.

It was IPod girl!

She's here!

Don't blow this, I thought while taking in a sharp breath. I watched her, hoping she would look up. I thought of all the ways I could impress her on stage. Brad tapped me on the shoulder, signifying the band was ready.

"Check check check, 1,2,3" I called in the microphone, noticing the crowd calm. I glanced at IPod girl, and smiled. I started to shake because I was nervous.

"So we are Our Work Of Art." I called out again, and this time I felt a little more confidence. I played a few chords, hoping to impress her. All the girls in the crowd swooned.

"So any recommendations?!" I yelled into the microphone.

I heard a faint yell of My Alien, but couldn't find who said it. Then I saw her arm in the air, and I smiled to myself. I felt my pulse increase, and I felt like I was going to be sick. I tried to control my composure, and I tried to look cool.

"IPod Girl?" I whispered, and I doubted she heard. But I swore I thought I saw her head nod. Trying to regain myself, I decided to flirt with her and impress her.

"Maybe later." I replied into the microphone and winked at her. A smile forming on her beautiful lips.

I started the beginning of the song on my guitar, and the rest of my band joined in with me. The notes flowed together at the beginning of the song. Then I decided I would dedicate this song to her, because her IPod is the one that showed me this song.

"So uh I kinda met this girl. Well not really. But I kind of have her IPod. Well this song goes to her." I said smoothly into the microphone. I heard a small chorus of aws, and I sang Mindset by Every Avenue into the crowd. But mainly to her.

We finished up the playlist, and we were allowed to leave the stage. I raced down the stairs on my way to find her. I was starting to feel nervousness sinking into my gut. When I saw her, I felt like I was going to scream.

"Hey, I think we switched IPods." I said, tapping her on the shoulder.

"Oh, yeah. I am the idiot that ran into you." She smiled, and blushed. I knew she would be a blusher.

"Not an idiot. Just an adorable clutz." I responded, moving my sweaty hair out of my face. She smiled, again.

"By the way, you know some good bands. Finally someone enlightened." She remarked.

"Me enlightened? I was shocked you were! Not many people know so much music!" I exclaimed. I needed to calm myself.

"I know right!" She exclaimed as well.

"Hey, your name is Leda right?" I asked.

"Yeah, and your must be 'Devon is jammin' right?" She laughed a really pretty laugh. I think I was musically in love with this chick.