Chapter 4

Devon's POV

"Dude is she your girlfriend? DUDE!?" I heard Noah scream in my ear. I flailed like an idiot, and fell off the couch.

"What the fuck man!?" I don't like being woken up.

"I asked if she was your girlfriend." Noah said animatedly holding the IPod.

"No mahn. We switched by accident." I said, now calm that i was awake.

"Oh." Noah turned back around and killed some Nazi Zombies.

My bestfriend is too random. I sighed, and rubbed my eyes to get rid of the bits of sleep still left. I picked up the IPod and looked through the notes section. I looked through it, and I was praying there would be no girlie omg-im-so-in-love stupid stuff. Instead, i was kind of shocked by some of the things that were written. Her poems were full of emotion, and not happy ones. She seemed to think about everything. Her one poem stuck out to me the most though.

Sometimes I doubt

The curve of your hand

Resting on my cheek

Is it real?

I doubt the swift flashbacks I have

The way they roam through my mind

Striking, lightening storms attacking my brain

I doubt you

Me

Us

Together

I doubt everything I believe in

I doubt your sweet words

I doubt the look in your eyes

I doubt my words

The words meanings

The meaning of existance

Confidence eludes me

You confuse me

Fires burning

The doubt was the match

The match that lit the flame

The flame of our love is doubted too, just so you know

You make me doubt

Wait

What is doubt?

I sighed as I read it. I like how she doubted she knew what doubt was. It was kind of cute she could express herself this way. I hoped she didn't read my notes. Some of them were lyrics that meant alot to me. I was worried if she read it and she would laugh. I looked up and watched Noah get a headshot, and laughed because he started cheering.

I looked back down at the IPod and went through the games she had on there. I gasped at the fact she had all the Tap Tap Revenges. I clicked on version 3, and was immediately impressed. She had a nearly perfect score on all the hard ones. I smiled, but wondered if I could beat her. I started to play a random song, and beat her score by 150 points. I put the IPod and my pocket and stood up feeling hungry.

"Hey mahn. Im heading out. Nice shot!" I remarked on the perfect headshot.

"See yah mahn!" He called back.

I walked up his stairs and remembered I didn't have my car. I started walking down the hill towards my house. But at the last second I changed directions. I started to walk aimlessly through the near empty streets. I looked down at the time and realized it was 9 in the morning. I looked up and saw a tree, and an urge took over me. I climbed up the tree and sat on a branch. I watched people as they made their way across the streets. Thats when I noticed her. She was walking with her friend laughing. I tried to decide whether or not to call out her name.

I decided no.

I wanted to keep her IPod a little longer. I was really curious about what her music taste was like. I looked through her techno. I didn't care who it was, I just wanted upbeat. Tetris by Alpha Twins came on and I chuckled softly.

Lets play some tetris motherfucker, an electronic voice came out.

I sat there bobbing my head along with it. Then I decided I wanted something different. I went to her music list and pressed shuffle. I was curious about what song was about to spring to my ears through the tiny speakers. A song I have never heard sounded in my ears. I looked at the title and it said it was Adorable by Artist vs Poet, who I have listened to before.

she's adorable as hell

she's got me begging on my knees

la da da da da - i'm so into it

she's adorable as hell

she's got me begging on my knees

I sighed thinking of her, and that's when I realized something I forgot about. I don't know the chicks name! I searched through her IPod for her name. Her IPod's name was Leda. So I guess thats who she is. Thats a really pretty name. Leda. I wonder if she pronounced it Lee-duh or Lay- duh. Either way it was a really pretty name. I think I was beginning to have a musical crush on her.

It scared me. It full out scared me. I haven't had a crush on a girl in a long time. For about a year it's been about making out and hooking up. I started to wonder what her personality was like. I wonder if she had a pretty voice, and I wondered if she played any instruments.

Most of all I wondered how she would say my name. Does she speak softly or loudly. Does she blush? Is it all the time or rarely? What does she like to do in her free time?

Devon, stop it. The voice in my head warned.

I sighed admitting I was being rediculous. If we ever did meet, she probably wouldn't like me. And there is still the possibility of her having a boyfriend. If she did, and I hoped she didn't, he better not be some loser who listens to pure sugar pop.

I think I found someone to be my alien.