Chapter 2

Devons POV

I walked out the school feeling happy that summer was finally here. My summer was going to consist of 3 main things. Music. Partying. And girls. I heard the girl callout a "You too!" as I walked through the exit. She seemed to be nice, and pretty. But by the look of her she couldn't even tell you who Good With Grenades were, the band on my t-shirt. I love when girls like music, but they always choose the wrong music. Its always that sugar pop nasty music crap they play on mainstream music stations. I hate that music, with a passion. It's all about fake music, and the same beats but different lyrics. It kills me.

I started up the huge hill to my best friend Noah's house. I practically live there. He was suspended for the last week of school, so his summer already began. I was a little jealous he had already started his summer, but then I remembered that he had to degum the conference room tomorrow at 8 in the morning. I felt like the sun was burning my body as I hiked up this huge ass hill. When I reached his door, I opened it and let myself in.

"Bro, where are you?" I called out.

"Down here man!" He called back.

I walked down to the basement seeing him play COD World At War, and he was killing Nazi Zombies. He looked like he hasn't done anything productive in a week. I shook my head at the sight of him, knowing we had to get ready for our band practice tonight.

"Dude, up. We have practice in a half hour!" I laughed, throwing a pillow at his head.

"Fine." He grumbled as he got up and walked in the bathroom, probably to take a shower.

I pulled out my IPod, and pulled the thing to unlock the IPod. But I noticed the screensaver picture was different. Instead of me, there was this gorgeous girl wearing a dress. I assumed it was from Spring Fling, which I decided to not go to. Then the realization hit me. It was the chick that bumped into me. Goddamn, I am stuck with chick music. I started to feel panic rise up in me.

I quickly pressed the artist button to go through her music. Most the band I knew, and there were some DJs I haven't heard of. But for the most part it was okay music. I noticed the band Good With Grenades, and looked down at my shirt smiling. She was probably staring at my shirt because she wanted the shirt, not because she didn't know who they were. This girl seemed to be musically enlightened. I smirked to myself knowing that there was someone out there who listened to music for the music, and not because of popularity. I looked at the song it was paused on, and it was a song called Kidnap My Heart by The Click 5, who I have never listened to. I pressed the next button kind of shocked that it was Insomnia by Dirty Head. I smirked once again. I put the ear buds in and listened to the song.

I looked at the time, and realized we only had about 15 minutes to get to our drummer's house. They were going to be mad if we were late, again. I pounded on Noah's bathroom door, and he yelled something about coming. He walked out glaring at me. He picked up his keys as we walked to his car. We hopped in and turned on some Slipknot. We started to rock out, and he drove to our drummer's, Brad. I was hoping he wouldn't be tired from working today. I looked out the window and saw a white car next to us. I looked at the driver, and looked at the IPod's picture. It was her. I started to wind down my window, but Noah started to drive, and they turned down a road. Damn it.

"Hey mahn!" I yelled as I walked into his house.

"Hey in the basement, yo!" Brad called out.

We walked down the steep ass stairs to his basement where all the instruments were set up. I glanced at Brad, and he didn't seem too tired, which was a good thing.

"Dude. I swear this chick is going to get me fired one of these days. She freaking hopped over the counter. Luckily the dick wasn't there to see." Brad was ranting to Noah about something that had happened at work. But I ignored the pointless story.

"Hey where is Randy?" I asked.  Randy was the bassist. I played Guitar, like Noah, but I was also the singer.

"No show. I guess." I grunted in response, and pulled out my phone. I pressed number 5 and called him.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring

If I had to hear Ring one more time I was going to punch him.

"Hey. What do you want?" Randy's voice sounded annoyed, and I heard gigging. No doubt he was with a tramp.

"Practice. Now." I was annoyed with him.

"Shit. Be there in 10." He said quickly, and I could hear a thud. Probably pushed the girl off of him. This caused me to chuckle at his idiocy.

"He's on his way." I said throwing Brad a look.

"K. Mahn heard there is a party this weekend. You guys going?" Brad asked.

"Hell yeah." I said. Noah just shrugged, but we knew he would go for the chicks.

"Ok. Maybe we could play. I will talk to Trevor." He shrugged, but he knew we would get the spot. We always play at Trevor's.

"K. Dude some chick and I accidently swapped IPods." I said. They laughed.

"Hahah! MAINSTREAMER!" Noah screamed while laughing. I laughed along too, although I knew she didn't listen to what all the other girls here listened to.

"Dude I am here!" Randy yelled running down the stairs, almost tripping.

"What we playing. My Alien or I'm Just a Kid by Simple Plan?" I asked. I was in a simple plan mood.

"My Alien." The rest chorused.

I picked up my guitar hitting a few notes. Then the rest of the boys started to starte the song, and i played along with them too. This was my high, when I got to play music. I didn't want to grow up and become a deadbeat person, I just wanted to play forever. I want to be famous. I want to live in music.

"I'm sick of being alone, when are you coming home?

Just a glimpse of your face

I can remember smelling your hair, I'll meet you anywhere

Somewhere that no one can retrace

Somewhere where no one will know our faces

She has two arms to hold me and

Four legs to wrap around me

She's not your typical girlfriend

She's my alien

She's my alien"

We finished the song out, and I smiled to myself. I want a girl that I could ask to be my alien, without them going what the hell is wrong with you? Sure I get girls, and it's because I am in a band. But I am tired of girls pretending they know music, when they obviously dont.

I want my alien.