Chapter 23

Leda's POV

I watched Devons face ashe slept peacefully. I ran my fingers through his hair. Lately I kept thinking about how my mom and my dad were splitting. I mean, I know it's pretty common in the United States. But the fact is it annoyed the hell out of me. At one point they had to had been in love? What if they had been like Dev and me. I wish that I could go back and fix them.

I sighed and lifted the covers, and I started to walk to my bathroom. I closed the door, and I turned on the shower. I stared at myself in the mirror for a while, and I started to have tears stream down my face. I can't let this thing Devon and I have continue. I stripped and stepped into the shower letting the doubt wash from my body. 

After I was done I stepped out, and walked into my room. Devon raised his head and smiled at my frame in my towel. I looked away, and put on some clothes that were lying on my dresser. I went back into the bathroom without sending another look towards Devon. I went in and brushed my hair and teeth. When I came back out he wasn't there. I was slightly confused, but I looked out my window. His car was still there. I sighed a little miffed, and walked down the stairs. He was frying bacon. I smiled because bacon was my favorite thing to eat in the morning. I sat on a stool while I watched his bare back, which looked so good in the morning light. Maybe I shouldn't break up with him?

"Goodmorning beautiful." He smiled looking over his shoulder. Without thinking I got up and wrapped my arms around him. I kissed his shoulder.

"What are we doing today?" I asked.

"Well there is a carnival tonight. Want to go?" He asked, but I think he could tell something was off.

"Yeah. Sure." I responded, and went and sat back down. 

As I watched him continue making breakfast, eating, and then later on, driving to the carnival, the more I wanted to break up with him. I decided by the end of the night I would break up with him. I couldn't take the whole "being in love" when it was probably only infatuation or something. I mean what would happen if I let this continued, and I kept falling harder and harder until finally we fell out of it. That would hurt more doing that then ending it now. I just need to clear my mind. I can't take knowing we could be like our parents. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt the car tug to a stop. I felt Dev grab my hand.

"Baby girl, you ok?" He smiled, but looked at me worriedly.

"Yeah. I am good." I smiled, and pecked his cheek internally cringing.

"Okay, lets go." He even opened the door for me, and I knew this ending of tonight was going to crush me so badly.

We walked around the carnival, and we rode rides. He bought me cotton candy, and he bought me fried dough. I was in a food heaven. He pulled me along through every ride, which made me feel really sick, but I didn't let it show. I smiled through everything, but even I could tell it looked false on my facial features. As we were walking back to the car I contempalated of how I was going to break up with him.

I really wanna be with you baby

But I gotta do me first.

I know you like it when we loving, 

And I know that it hurts.

And when it's all said and done, at the end of the day

I've already had my fun

So there's nothing left to say. 

I tried to keep this going as long as I could've

Didn't tell you things that I probably should've.

Things were going great since the moment that we hooked up