9

With all that said I went to my room with the bags in my hand. I settled on my bed and started setting up my new phone. Once it was on I carefully put everything in place then the phone was ready, all that was left was for me to get all my pictures which thankfully I could do without breaking a stress since I backed it up to my email. As it was uploading I went on to empty the bags, they were about ten dresses, five hoodies and matching joggers, two canvas and three heels which I guess goes with the dresses. I put them into my huge walk-in closet and kept the shoes on the rack with their boxes, I wasn't going to wear them anytime soon since school was starting so I didn't take them out from their boxes.

It was currently 5pm and I had extra two hours to get ready so I prepared just because I wanted to sleep a bit after getting ready. I took my shower again just because I could, I settled for some grey joggers and an oversize white tee with black sneakers. I combed out my hair and but it in a bun then gelled the front part and laid my edges. J put on my deodorant and perfume then I was done. I took a long look at the mirror and i was more than satisfied with the results.

I checked on the phone and the pictures were done uploading so I powered down my old phone and kept it in my reading table after which I proceeded to take selfies and mirror pics till I got tired. I headed over to the sitting room where I laid to sleep while waiting for my dad. I was really getting comfortable in my sleep when someone tapped me out of my dream. I opened my eyes a bit and saw my dad so I sat up immediately.
"Oya, get up sleep master"
"Hey I'm not a sleep master, there are lots of people out there that sleep more than I do, they just have to be recognized first", dad laughed as hard as he could
"If they are recognized gini ga eme, I ga enye ha award?" He said in igbo.
"Yes nah, they deserve it"
"Chaii, this my daughter I never knew you're this crazy, abeg let's start going before their won't be any seats left at the place"
"Ok ok let's go oooo, oya oo", with that we left the house after locking up and were on our way to wherever it was that we were going.

"Are we there yet?"
"Not yet a little more"
"That's what you always sayyyy"
"Because you keep asking every one minute just sleep and when we get there I'll wake you up"
"That I can do and I'll do it, byeee", before you would say Robin I was knocked out already, I love sleeping, any little chance I get I sleep because I know I hardly have time to sleep at night since I'm what many time a night walker. After five minutes or so the car stopped and I find myself waking up, I looked around and dad was right, 7pm is early here in Lagos because the streets were filled with people. We went into the restaurant and the aroma of food slapped me right on the face, the foods smell so delicious and I find myself salivating and my stomach was growling just to remind me it wants whatever food sold here in my belly.

"Why don't you grab a seat for us why I go make our order"
"Ok, get me a mix of fried and jollof rice with roasted chicken"
"Seriously?"
"Yes nah, are you surprised?"
"Yes I am, where do you want to put all of that?"
"In my tummy duhhhh"
"Which tummy, this one that is so small, abi you plan of killing yourself"
"Dad please just get it for me, it's what my tummy wants after all"
"Fine ok I'll get it"
"Thanks, with fanta or sprite", I yelled as he was going to place out order, he turned and gave me a weird look before he continued. This man never see anything, me sef that love food is who he's telling all of this, lemme hear joor. He's back within seconds and we just sit and wait for our order to get ready while me I'm on my phone setting up all my social media"

"So...", I looked up from my phone and look at him to know what he's talking off.
"Yeah what's up"
"How was your last week in enugu all by yourself", he just reminded me of all that and I remembered I was angry with him so I just kept quiet and kept doing what I was doing. At long last my Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook were good to go, Once done I post a pic on my Instagram and set down my phone to rest.
"What are you doing?"
"Leaving my phone to rest, it has had a long day"
"It's just a phone and not a human being, it wasn't made to be resting"
"But it's my phone and I treat it the way I want and I decide whether it needs resting or not"
"Okay? If you say so"
"Yeah I do"
"Tell me how enugu was nah"
"No, and please if you don't want to spoil this nice evening for me just don't ask because I sure won't answer"
"Jeez, fine, I'll go get our order"
"No don't worry I'll get it", with that I get up and head over to get the order we placed.

The place was quite busy and the ladies were attending to other people.
"Hey, excuse me", I said but the lady just walked past me as if she didn't see me, ofcourse how would she. I said it repeatedly but still nothing happened, I was about saying it again when...

****
Hey guys, I'm back from my break and I'm bringing spice with me, get ready for all the surprises I have in store for you guys.

Question of the day
*Do you guys think Amanda is still angry with her dad even after he bought for her more things?

*What do you think is the fate of her relationship with Ebuka?

*Do you think she'll be able to make friends in Lagos?

*Do you think her life will change now she's at a different environment and what about Tony?

I'm sure you guys want to know the answer to this so stay tuned as we find out how her life unfolds.

Don't forget to vote, comment and most importantly share.

If you have any idea you want me to add to my book I'm more than welcomed to hear it, just slide into my DM and I'll attend to you.

Thanks once again for giving my book a try. I love every single one of you. Be blessed and stay safe 🙃♥️