Chapter 2

"What do you think of the beach?" Lexa asked, as the fresh breeze of Ocean air filled her nostrils. She stretched out her arm outside the car, and relaxed her body. "It smells amazing." She sighed.

"Nope," Clarke said as she focused on the road, Lexa pulled her arms back in and gave her best puppy eyed eyes.

"We are not having a beach wedding Lex and don't give me those eyes." She chuckled as she stole a glance from her fiancé, how lucky could she be, she got the girl, dream job as a successful writer and painter, friends she adored, life couldn't be more perfect

"Why not?"

"Because I've been to one and it's not as beautiful as they make it out to be on tv,"

Clarke had watched her parents wedding with shame and sympathy, her mother had spent months planning the perfect wedding, but the wind and sand had ruined all the food, the chairs were blown out, the guests were tired and cold, it wasn't her dream wedding, not even close and since that day she had vowed never to have a beach wedding, and not even puppy eyes could change her mind.

"Yeah, Abby and Jake right?" Lexa asked and Clarke nodded,

Clarke had never referred to her parents by their names but Lexa called everyone by their names, even her own parents Indra and Gustus she called them by their names. Clarke loved that Lexa was different from the rest, so far from the people she'd dated before, so differently perfect.

"Because I adore you, we could have it in a venue near the beach" Lexa spread her arms wide as she attacked Clarke with a hug, ignoring that she was driving.

"I love you." she sighed

"Let go," Clarke laughed as she attempted to peel Lexa's slender arms away from her stomach.

One moment there was ground under the wheels of her car, then it seemed to be flying due to empact caused by the other car, it had flipped so many times that Clarke had become disorientated before she even sustained the concussion that had her drifting in and out of consciousness.

She could see Lexa, laying on the other side of the road, her body still, but her eyes screaming for someone...then sirens...help...they were too late...the sirens...

Clarke jumped up and looked around. It was just a dream, a stupid dream and she was okay, she wasn't watching Lexa laying on the side of the road anymore, she wasn't watching the love of her life dying, she was safe in her home but oh God the way her heart was beating at the moment, her skin burning, the lack of oxygen was making her feel exactly the way she felt that day, helpless and alone.

She didn't mind them anymore, the nightmares, she was used to them, but at the same time they just made her panic, made her body go into a state of numbness.

He was gone, just as quick as he had arrived, They had both fallen asleep watching Gumball but then when she woke up she was alone, she had wanted him to stay, had wanted the company, sometimes the loneliness was just too much, but then people always had a way of letting her go, a way of taking the only thing keeping her alive.

That man had done that, He had taken Lexa away from her, and she couldn't imagine a life with someone else ever again, she didn't want it, she wanted Lexa back, she wanted her.

"Clarke, dammit open the freaking door." Clarke jumped up from her bed and ran towards the door, Raven stood outside peeking through the small lense as though she could see inside.

Clarke ran around her apartment in only her underwear and a shirt she'd probably been wearing for weeks.

"Clarke!" Raven banged louder on the door, "Open it or I'll blow it up."