Chapter 20

"See you at two thirty at Fluffy magic wonders?" Clarke asked, staring at Lexa as she opened the door of her car, she didn't want her to leave.

She wanted to drive her to her home and make sure she got there safe, every day of her life with Lexa back was all about worrying that she'd lose her all over again.

Lexa's mouth curved into a smile at the reminder of their ice-cream shop, before everything happened.

"I'll definitely be seeing you at Fluffy magic wonders." Clarke's eyes stayed glued to Lexa, she didn't move inside her car, the worry that she'd lose Lexa the minute she was out of her view terrified her.

"I'll come, Clarke. " Lexa reassured as she stood in front of Clarke, "I promise."

"Okay," Clarke replied, still frozen. Lexa chuckled lightly and opened the door for her, Clarke looked up and was met with reassuring eyes, she climbled in and waved bye at Lexa with Madi doing the same in the back seat.

//

They arrived just on time for breakfast at Abby's. Madi bragging about her new room, and toys, Clarke half listened as she kept thinking about how in a split second she could lose Lexa all over again, she feared she'd wake up and find out it was all a dream, everything felt too real to be true.

"You didn't tell me Lexa slept over." Abby said, placing a plate in front of her daughter.

Clarke could hear the judgement drip from her mother's tone, but chose to ignore it as she didn't have the time nor the energy to think about her mother's worries, she had enough of her own.

"I forgot, nothing happened." Clarke took a bite off the pancakes and relaxed into her chair , "How are yours always so delicious?" She pouted.

"Secret ingredient, Aden get your bag and be ready in five." Abby instructed and waited for Madi to follow as she chirped on endlessly to her brother , luckily Aden seemed interested as he asked questions and played along.

"I thought you were with Niylah." Abby threw the dish cloth over her shoulder and sat down, Clarke regretted telling Abby that Lexa was alive, she hadn't told anyone else and maybe should have included her mother to that list, she hated the questions because she too didn't have answers to them.

"I am... I was." Clarke sighed and took another mouthful, "It's just -"

"Chew, then talk." Another sigh from Clarke, Abby enjoyed the scene, her daughter was in her kitchen, telling her about her love life and eating pancakes. Those kids upstairs had truly been a blessing.

"I like them both, haven't spoken to Nilylah in two days though, but both make me happy."

"You should tell them."

"We ready." Aden stood there with his bag over his shoulder.

"We're having ice-cream after school, we'll be a bit late." Clarke said, putting her dish in the sink before grabbing the car keys from the kitchen table.

"Have fun," Abby kissed everyone on their foreheads and sent them out of her house , saying she needed to clean herself up and be ready to be called in any time at work.

Dropping the kids off, Clarke waved goodbye as they disappeared into the gates. She wasn't all that worried since it wasn't their first day, just her first day dropping them off. She waited until they were inside before driving away.

She was having lunch with Niylah and thought she'd bring up Lexa in the conversation. She had too.

For the time being, she visited a few art galleries in town, looking for a job to go along with her writing. Thankful she had never cut her loses with her  publishers, writing and painting were good sources of income, but not really reliable when she had children to feed and clothes to buy, and not to mention the school fees were ridiculously high, but Clarke wanted the kids to have a good education, the same her and Raven had gotten.