87. Father-Son Talk

JONAH

"Jonah, why are you in such a hurry?", Jacques asks as he jogs up the stairs with me.

"I have to talk to Jeanne now!", i nearly hit a nurse walking down the stairs. She yelps, "sorry", i mutter and she scurries down the stairs.

"Sorry about that ma'am", Jacques says behind me. He's so polite sometimes.

Jeanne's office is the third in the hallway by the right. I have to ask her about everything i saw on the tape. I have to know everything that happened. I feel like Jeanne keeps too many secrets from me and that makes me feel weird considering she's the only one who's not Hailee that knows most of me at this point.

"Jeanne", i bust into the office quickly.

I inhale sharply, pausing as i grit my teeth before i exhale. Sitting across the table from Jeanne, clad in a brown coat is my dad.

"Oh", he grins, "Jonah!", he exclaims happily before standing, "i was just about to come see you. What are you doing here?"

I cross my arms, "i should be asking you the same question"

"I'm here to see you", the smile on his face doesn't waver, "i heard you fell and hit your head", he glances at the side of my head. My hair is long and it covers the plastered surface, "how are you feeling now?"

"Fine", my tone is cold. I should have known he was going to show up sooner or later. Aunt Wendy did say she was going to tell him.

"Jonah", Jeanne says standing from the chair and moving towards me, "what are you doing here?", she asks, "we're not seeing each other today"

I frown at her, "no we're not", i say as i reach into my jacket's inner pocket and pull out the tape, "i'm here to ask about this", i hold it up and glance at my dad, "and since you're here, i guess you need to answer some questions too"

Jeanne freezes, her face turning pale as she stares at the tape in my hand. My dad looks more confused than i was when baby Lauren showed me the drawing.

"Talk about what?", my dad cocks his head and asks, "what's that?"

"Its a tape that contains a video", i say without taking my gaze off Jeanne.
"Jacques, can you give us some time alone please", Jeanne says to Jacques who i totally forgot was behind me this whole time, "thank you for bringing him"

"Of course Jeanne", Jacques says and then i hear the door to the office shut.

Jeanne clears her throat, "where did you get that?", she raises one brow at me.

"You lied to me", i drop my hand.

"And you stole from me"

"I didn't steal, i borrowed it"

"Really Jonah?", she asks in her therapist tone.

"If you hadn't lied to me, i won't have had to borrow it in the first place"

"What the hell is going on?", my dad asks and we both turn our heads to face him, "what is this all about? What's on the tape?"

"Mom", i answer, "mom was on the tape with baby Lauren"

"Who's baby Lauren?"

"Give me the tape Jonah", Jeanne interrupts.

"Not until you tell me why she didn't adopt baby Lauren", i say.

"Adopt?", my dad asks loudly. He turns to Jeanne, "Lauren was going to adopt a kid?"

Jeanne groans and takes a deep breath. She closes her eyes as she exhales, "Jonah, let me talk to your dad for a bit, please"