Pink Gets to Know Black

Pink's POV

"Okay, Pink, you can put your suit back on now, I'm all done with the last test," Black says gently, handing me back my pink coloured space suit and I immediately put it on. It was an extremely invasive test and the Medbay is not known to be the warmest room on The Skeld. This was truly an ordeal.

"So, what do the tests say? Did anything happen to me while I was knocked out?" I ask Black, faking a tone of curiosity and concern. I know that nothing happened to me just this afternoon when Yellow died. It was me, rather, the monster using my body as its host, that murdered the poor brute. I just had to go along all these tests and Black poking and prodding me so I could have an alibi. It was terrifying to think that Red is started to see through my disguise, so I'm grateful for Black's kindness towards me that got me out of that situation. Really, I owe him my life.

"There's nothing yet, these tests are much more advanced that what they what were, but they still take a few minutes to confirm the possibility of you being pregnant," Black explained, looking down at the piece of plastic that was the tester. "In the meantime, I guess we can talk about what happened in Electrical, are you sure that you didn't see anything down there, Pink?"

I shook my head as I carefully picked my words. I couldn't let my lies fall short now, Black and Red may not be on good terms right now, but if I give Black something to be suspicious about, he could still easily kick me off the ship to die in space. "All I remember is going down there to warn Yellow about the broken ladder, like I already said. We were chatting and we both heard something from behind the wire boards, and all he did was push me out of the way. He must of seen something, cause he protected me. I don't remember blacking out, but next thing I knew, Purple was waking me up and he was holding onto Yellow's mangled body and crying."

"That's really strange." Black said, tapping his chin with a finger, the other hand shaking the test to get it to read the results faster. "I wonder how the thing got into Electrical in the first place without anybody seeing it?"

"I have no idea, but I didn't see anything, I promise."

"There has to be some secret passageways that it could get through to sneak up on its prey, but I don't think there's anything like that on The Skeld. I'm not used to the ship, sure, cause I lived on MIRA all my life, but I don't think there's anything like that on board." Black pondered aloud. I gulped as I watched him think about how the murderer could get from room to room without getting seen. I hope he doesn't realized about the air vents in every room and investigate them, they were my only escape. If he closed them off, I'm done for since I wouldn't be able to eat any prey and leave without anyone seeing that it was me all along. I guess I'm pretty much done for anyways, since after this appointment I'm going into solitary confinement.

"Let's talk about something different." I suggest, trying to change the subject. "Brown told me when I first came to the ship that you're the only doctor aboard. When did you become a doctor? I thought you were another Commander, like Red."

Black laughed for a second before answering my question. "Everyone who came on board asked me that. No, I'm not a commander, I'm just a doctor but I spend my time with Red because he likes having someone around. Not only do he like the company, he's afraid that he might mess something up and will need someone to help me get things back on track. He hasn't been a commander for very long, so I help him with whatever he needs."

"Wow, you guys sound like good friends." I say but Black shakes his head with a grin.

"We're a little more than friends." Black laughs again.

"You're a couple?!"

"Yeah, we've been together for about ten years or so now, ever since we were both in school, me for my doctorate and him for becoming a commander that he dreamed so fondly about becoming." He closes his eyes as if imagining those days when they were young lovers.