The Girl and Her Terrifying, Man-Eating, Goopy Alien She Keeps As a Pet

Red stood back and allowed the doors to do their thing. The gears turned viscously and a mechanical whoosh and a gust of air greeted us as the two doors started to shudder and open up. 

There, standing in front of the Polus crew, was two large white-suit-wearing guards and a small figure huddling between them with a glass enclosure in their arms. They seemed a little nervous to be around those they didn't know and hugged the enclosure closer to their body. That's when I took notice to the colour suit that they were wearing: pink. 

This astrobiologist wasn't a man at all, but a young woman.

And I wasn't the first one to notice of the astrobiologist's femininity. A discussion wasn't long brewing between a few of my crewmates behind me.

"Wait, they didn't send a man?" One voice whispered.  

"I wonder what she looks like under her suit." Another said suggestively. 

"I'm so glad it's a woman, it's been getting so lonely around Polus lately. If you know what I mean." Another purred. 

I snapped my head back and a gave a harsh glare to my friends. They all immediately stopped talking and looked ahead, blushing profusely for getting caught. How could they act so inappropriately? She was a part of our crew now, and must be treated as such. But still, even I wondered why did MIRA send a crew of all men a woman as the main researcher for this mission, and wondered what she did look like. 

I shook my head and tried to look more professional in front of the MIRA guards and the small woman. Red must of noticed us talking among ourselves because he cleared his throat and glanced back at us. 

"Excuse my crew, we are just all so excited to be part of such an important and interesting mission such as this," He smiled warmly to the guards and the woman. The two guards didn't seem impressed but the woman seemed to be more comfortable when she heard his voice. He did seem very approachable once he starts talking since he had a soft and quiet voice. 

"So, to introduce myself," Red continued. "My name is Red R-8-2K7, but you can call me Red. I will be our Commander while on board The Skeld and on planet Polus. All of us on board only goes by our first names, so I'm guessing your name is Pink, then?" 

The woman nodded her head. "Yes, my name is Pink P-3-828, but I guess Pink will suffice while with you and your crew."

"Perfect," Red replied. "Then welcome aboard Pink, and I hope you enjoy your time with us."
Pink turns towards the two guards on either side of her and gives them both a thumbs-up. This must of been her code for telling them that she is ready to board The Skeld, because she walked inside the cafeteria and stood next to Red as one guard retrieved a remote control from his pocket and pressed the big red button on it. Suddenly, the doors of the MIRA whirred to life and quickly closed, separating the two ships as fast as they connected. Red then also closed our doors and the sound of the connecting wires retracting could be heard from outside.

After a brief pause, Red turned his attention back to his new crewmate. She seemed to lose some of her confidence again, as she retreated back towards Red as all the other guys crowded around her to get a good look at her. 

"Crew, c'mon now, that's no way to act." He scolded.

"It's okay," she says sweetly, trying to act more bravely than what she felt. "I already worked on a team of all boys before, and your crew is much more well behaved than they were." She giggled to herself, as if remembering something funny that had happened to her with her old crew. Her laugh was the most beautiful thing that I ever heard. I felt my face burn.