Yellow Becomes Sus

That night after watching Blue suffocate in the vast darkness of space, Pink had asked me to spend the night with her so she wouldn't be plagued with nightmares. She had suggested for me to curl up in her makeshift bed of pillows and sheets but I declined and lied next to her on the floor. I held her hand as she slept, keeping on eye on her all night to make sure she was well rested. 

I woke up the next morning very early, even before the florescent lightings built into the ceilings of The Skeld started to warm up for the day. Checking the time, I realized that we weren't even due to do tasks for another two hours. The whole ship was still and quiet as the remaining crew slept. 

I let go of Pink's hand and she whimpered at the lack of touch as she turned herself on her opposite side. She fell back asleep straight after and I breathed a sigh of relief. While Pink is asleep I believe that the parasite must be resting too. She doesn't seem to be in so much pain, and at least when she's unconscious she is unable to put herself or others in harm's way. And with everything that has been happening the last few days, I would like to see her sleep in so I could have some well-needed time to myself. 

I slipped out of her room and made my way back to the barracks pass Medbay. I listen for a few seconds standing in the middle of the hallway, the sounds of my friends' slow breathing soothing me. I could even hear Yellow's snoring from our shared room. 

I grabbed my clean, brown space suit from my room and some fresh underclothes and I make my way to the showers. This was the first time I really got a chance to freshen up since the night that Cyan was killed. I washed my hair and my body, taking my time to allow the hot water to pour over my body and relax my tense muscles. I quickly dressed and tossed my dirty clothes down the laundry chute for it to be washed with everyone else's clothes. 

Once I was nice and clean, I decided to skip breakfast since I still felt sick from all the death I seen last night before bed and I headed to electrical to begin my tasks for today. 

After grabbing my tool belt and strapping it around my waist and filling it full of my tools, I got down on my knees and began putting together wires and melting them together with my soldering gun, pairing the same colour wires with each other. 

I wasn't even done of my task as I heard the door to electrical open and close and footsteps approached me from behind. I turned my head to see Yellow coming inside the room, also preparing himself for today's jobs. 

"Good morning, Yellow," I say pleasantly, my voice still raspy from sleep. "You're up awful early."
He tightened his belt until it pulled tight around his waist and gave a grunt. "I couldn't sleep, Blue's dying face kept appearing in my dreams."

"I see." I said and became quiet. 

Yellow also stopped talking and walked past me, opening the panel door on the calibrators used to keep all the energy in the ship running. He turned dials and pressed buttons until all three gears inside was moving in sync. He closed the door and turned his head to watch me watch him. My face reddened as I was caught staring at my friend and I turned away and back to my task.

"What? Are you going to make fun of me about dreaming about Blue?" Yellow asked, his voice rough and angry, but not like usual. It was like he was angry at me, not just being pissed off for no reason. 

"N-no," I replied nervously. "I would never, in fact I dreamt about him too."

"Mhm." He grunted again, signalling me to go on. 

"I dreamt about him screaming at Red and Black. For them allowing the k-killer to go free, I understand how he was upset about that, it's scary to know someone that scary is roaming free," I stammered, trying to connect the two red wires.