Chapter Fourteen

A week passed, and it was a good thing that Jungkook was feeling better from his headache. He was not blacking out anymore, and his nightmares were decidedly less severe, though he still had them. In every single one, Jin and Taehyung were being tortured by Jungkook's own parents. But everytime, when Yoongi stepped out of the shadows, Jungkook would wake, gasping for breath. He was glad that neither of his roommates knew of his horrible nightmares. Or so he thought.

Every night, Taehyun lay awake, listening to the older boy's groaning, and when the groaning turned to sobbing, he would slip out of his bed, sitting beside Jungkook, singing softly, so as not to wake Terry (the boy slept like a rock anyway, there was no fear of actually waking him), as Irene used to do for HIM. As she had done when Taehyun had trouble falling asleep when their dad died. And on those nights, Jungkook would fall asleep just fine.

It was a good thing too, because Roger Davies was working the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, hard. Jungkook was extremely tired by the end of their training practices, but his competitive streak was starting to show. They were playing Hufflepuff on the weekend, and Jungkook definitely wanted to beat Tae. This was what the Sorting Hat had been talking about, Jungkook supposed. He DID have a huge satisfaction in winning. Then again, who didn't? (Maybe Hobi, but that was a different story-)

And so he worked through the tiredness. In all their practices, Roger was a bit perturbed. During one of their breaks, he commented: "Did you guys see how the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams played? Those new Seekers- man oh man! They are GOOD! But then-" and he stopped, then smiled at Jungkook. "We've got an amazing Seeker too."

Jisoo nodded. "I'm so glad that Flitwick found him!"

Irene agreed. "Last year, we did well, but at the beginning of this year we were missing a good Seeker. I remember, Roger over there was about to pull his hair out!"

"I was not!"

"Yes, you were!"

"I was not!"

"YES YOU WERE!"

"I WAS NOT!"

Ji-Eun jumped up. "Once you guys stop arguing like a married couple-" she ignored the glares Irene and Roger gave her- "let's continue practicing! Come on! Get up everyone!"

For the team was sprawled on the floor of the Quidditch field, utterly exhausted. Jungkook pulled himself off the ground. He knew that the other teams were working just as hard (well maybe not Minguk, but JIMIN was!). The night before he had seen Taehyung heading outside with his broomstick, practicing hard.

Quidditch was hard, but boy, was it fun!

************************************************************

Saturday dawned, clear and bright. It was freezing outside, but the sun was out, melting away the first snow of the year that had blanketed the ground the night before. Jungkook, for once, got up on his own, before Taehyun was even awake. He sat in bed, snuggled under the covers, looking out the window of their dormitory. He had not had a bad dream in the night, but he still was haunted by whatever happened in them. In the light of the morning, though, he could never seem to remember or recall what happened. He sighed, falling back onto his pillow, then looked over to Taehyun's bed, where a Taehyun shaped lump under the covers shifted. The blankets moved, and Taehyun emerged from underneath them.

Jungkook grinned. "Taehyun!" he whispered. The other boy turned towards him, and in the grayish light coming through the dorm window, Jungkook saw his eyes widen in surprise.

Taehyun was by his side in a flash. "What are you doing up so early?" He checked the clock. "It's 6 in the morning!"

Jungkook was shocked too. He wasn't even that tired! "I guess I was just excited for today!"