Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Eeeww..."

I bolted up as I recognized my sister's voice. My head was spinning, well not literally, and it's like the food last night is crawling out of my mouth. For instance, I think I'm gonna be sick. There weren't any bug bites so I guess that's a good thing. But what shocked me the most is that Sandra was still beside me all snoring away. Well that wasn't much of a surprise.

"While I was all angry and furious up there, you were getting freaky here at the backyard. What a bunch of nice people you are." Julie ranted.

I tried to block out her voice. But the thing is, I can't since her voice alone can wake up the whole neighborhood. Isn't that nice? Scratching my head, I covered her mouth with one hand. She was shocked at first but was replaced with  an OMG look.

"We didn't do that, Julie. Don't worry." I said, waving her away. "Sandra came here originally for you. But when she came here, you were already asleep."

"Good to know that someone still cares for me." She puffed then stare down at the still sleeping Sandra beside me.  "Anyway, are they gone now? Can we go back on living our original lives?"

"You do know that our original lives meant being with them."

"That's not what I meant, Cal." Julie said, rolling her eyes. "My original means You, me and Ms. Drools-a-lot over there." As if by cue, Sandra rolled over to my side then gingerly wiped a small lining of drool from her mouth. I would laugh at that exact moment, but with this situation....

"Umm..." 

"You're gonna what again?" 

Mom, Dad and I were all sitting on the couch facing Julie. Her eyes seems to be shouting Boring! The whole time they talked about what's gonna happen to us now. Mom was clearly upset by this but was not hinting it so that it won't cause any further damage.

Sandra was behind my back the whole time. She did acknowledge my parents like the good old days but there wasn't a least bit of respect in it. She told us that she wanted to leave for us to have our private conversation but Julie didn't want her to leave saying she's part of the family. My parents just nodded and went with the talking.

My outfit wasn't good for this exact moment. It was still dirty and a bit muddy leaving a fresh scent of rain dew in the living room. Glancing behind my back, I smirked at the girl leaning on the wall. Well, let's just say I'm not the only one having those scent.

"So why tell me this again?"  Julie asked, rolling her eyes. "I don't care what happen to you, guys. You wanted a divorce. Then go ahead. Me and Calvin aren't stopping you. All we wanted was for you two to get the hell out of our faces and leave us alone." She paused for a moment, capturing my gaze with a smile. "It's all I could ever ask for."