Chapter 26

Chapter 26

The first thing that registered through my hazy mind are the small arms wrapped around my torso. I groggily looked down to find Sandra all curled up beside me. I don't remember how she ended up here. I think that has to do with the fact I can't seem to function right whenever Sandra's not with me during my moments like that time.

Sandra groaned beside me, pressing her face on my torso before blinking wearily, her eyes flicking upwards to meet mine. "You're awake." She whispered and then yawns. "You're not being all Edward on me, are you?"

"Last time I checked I don't sparkle under the sun so..." I yelped when Sandra hits my chest. "That hurts, you know."

"No, it doesn't." She nuzzles her face and then hums in contentment, her eyes closed. "It's been a while since we slept like this."

I raised a brow. "Like what?"

"You know," She opens her eyes and looks up at me with that smile. "This."

Ah, she must have meant the cuddling. Now that she'd mention it, it has been a while. Ever since I began to date Alex, Sandra doesn't spend much time in room. Unlike the usual, she would spend more time with her boyfriend, Justin, which frankly made me upset despite not knowing the real reason behind that. It must be because she's neglecting the fact that I should be her number 1 priority considering I'm the best friend.

"Ah, this." I chuckled softly and shifted a bit to my right so that I have my arms wrapped around her, too. I momentarily felt her stiffen under my touch before she welcomes it, melting against my arms and her eyes coming to a close. "Come to think of it, it has been a while, huh?"

"I want to stay like this forever."

"You do know we've got school later."

"Forget school." She mumbles.

Now that I've thought more about it, I feel too lazy to go to school.

"You know,"

"What?"

"If we weren't taken, we should be having sex, right now."

I rolled my eyes. "Even if you were taken, we'd still be having sex."

Sandra hummed, reaching up to touch the corner of my mouth. "Then why aren't we?"

"Because..." To her disappointment, I sat up and looked at her, dead serious. "I'm dating someone, and this person, if I may add, is very, very dear to me. I am quite serious about her, Sandy. I really like her. Plus," I raised a finger and playfully tap her nose. "I don't want to do to her the same thing that you're doing to Justin."

Sandra sat up with a pout. "But he started it!" She looks away with arms folded against her chest. "He slept with that Madison two weeks since we started dating and then half of the cheerleader squad. Dammit, I don't want to be the loser here so I have to –"